the shizzle > get involved: access, environment, BMC

Stanage Plantation Parking

(1/12) > >>

Johnny Brown:
Just a head's up - the new regime at the Peak National Park are planning to begin enforcing parking charges from the 1st April.

I believe this will be via a contractor, in my past experience they make their profits by fines so look out. Obviously bunding the verges is also on the cards to prevent parking outside.

The Stanage sticker scheme has been discontinued.

jshaw:
Thanks for the heads up.

Do you know if this will cover all car parks (Millstone, Stanage, Curbar etc.) or limited to the most popular ones?

dave:
Will be interesting to see the response to this generally. I was reading an old article the other day back from when the ticket machine first went in at the plantation (1997?) and it kept getting vandalised, filled with superglue etc. Will the reception be as frosty this time?where's the current cost of the tickets?

Johnny Brown:
I think it will cover all their pay and display car parks.

The experience from the nineties was that enforcement cost more money than it recovered, caused resentment among users, and led to increased parking and erosion outside the car parks.

cofe:
Worth reading Henry Folkard's comments on this, Stanage and the PDNPA in the latest Peak Area newsletter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version