UKBouldering.com

Wobbly/problematic hold at East-The-Wood (Read 2213 times)

Tommy

• junky
Wobbly/problematic hold at East-The-Wood
March 29, 2017, 09:35:17 pm
At the venue that shall remain non-searchable by Google.

I'm afraid I pulled the last significant hold of Bonjoy's 7C/+ low traverse away from the wall a touch. Basically I was on it with both hands and about to do a move and it went "clunk" which felt like a little 1-2mm movement. I didn't pull on it again, but to my non-expert eye it looks like it could do with some sika (or something similar?) squirted into the back to stop the whole thing pulling off by another lard arse. You don't really notice it if you're delicate, but if you're going for it hard then it does flex and I'd like to flag it up before it's getting pulled right off (I think some people use it on the normal traverse for feet?).

Sorry! I'm guessing that grit can be fixed before it fully breaks??

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Either I've noticed this flex before, or I've tried gluing already. Unfortunately I can't remember which  :slap:. Will try and get over there to fix soon.

Tommy

• junky
Either I've noticed this flex before, or I've tried gluing already. Unfortunately I can't remember which  :slap:. Will try and get over there to fix soon.

When I looked down the edge of the hold it did look like there was a tiny bit of glue - I think what I've probably done is make the glue come unstuck and now it's back to the original amount of flex?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Wabber

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal