UKBouldering.com

The Prow - Sand Point Access and Beta (Read 3255 times)

csl

• junky
The Prow - Sand Point Access and Beta
November 22, 2017, 10:14:06 pm
Would love to have a go at this on Saturday morning but it appears high tide is at 10.11am. UKC says you can access the crag 3 hours either side of low tide, does this apply to the bit with the prow on or does anyone have any other info?

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
#1 Re: The Prow - Sand Point Access and Beta
November 22, 2017, 10:23:35 pm
The prow has waves actually under it at high tide. I think it's a couple of hours to three hours after that you can get to it, but no way at low tide.  It is easy to dry, but you do pretty much always need to dry it so take some towels and chalk.

Beta here if you want it, it's prob soft at 7B!

csl

• junky
#2 Re: The Prow - Sand Point Access and Beta
November 22, 2017, 11:34:53 pm
Cheers for the beta - will try and head down a little later on then. That was actually the video I watched that prompted me to post in the first place, looks great!

While I'm here - anyone got a topo for Toll Road crags? Not on esoteric bouldering section of TCA as far as I can see.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Re: The Prow - Sand Point Access and Beta
November 23, 2017, 08:17:49 am
While I'm here - anyone got a topo for Toll Road crags? Not on esoteric bouldering section of TCA as far as I can see.

I printed (remember that!) the Toll Road section from esoteric bouldering some time ago, I'll see if I can dig it out. Mind you when I went looking with it I couldn't find anything! UKC logbook seems quite comprehensive but assumes you know where to go in the first place.

Try a PM to GazM(arshall) if he doesn't notice this? http://gaz-softrock.blogspot.co.uk/2007/06/

First problem here:

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
#4 Re: The Prow - Sand Point Access and Beta
November 23, 2017, 08:58:55 am
Just seen my name mentioned so this is a pre-emptive response. Unfortunately I can't really help re. Toll Road Crags beta.  I've not been for quite a few years and since then there's been a fair bit of development by James Squire et al.  There's a page about it in Boulder Britain but that only covers a wee bit.  Sorry I can't help more.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal