UKBouldering.com

Pillocks shitting at the Tor (Read 6681 times)

dave

Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 18, 2017, 10:37:45 pm
Leaving the Tor tonight got accosted by the riven warden guy chap who had just cleared up what he described as three piles of turds  :shit: from the riverbank path that all the fishermen use. Apparently were not there this morning, so left by climbers at the Tor this afternoon. He was not impressed, understandably. So can the muppets who are doing this kindly refrain from doing it? Or we are likely to find future turds returned to their owners under the crag. You wouldn't like it if the fishermen started coming up and shitting under Mecca and Sardine?

I have also noted of late bits of bogroll appearing at the Powerband end of the crag. So either this is already disgruntled anglers taking revenge or more likely it's sport climbers who don't mind shitting 6feet from boulder problems. Either way, don't shit anywhere any other human being is likely to happen upon it. Basic courtesy.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 18, 2017, 10:41:05 pm
putting it in plastic bags and then hanging the bags from trees is ok though, yeah?

seems to be the accepted system round where we live

what Dave said

Pillocks

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#2 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 19, 2017, 07:28:56 am
Don't understand why folk don't go to Millers Dale station, it's only 2 minutes away.

user deactivated

#3 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 19, 2017, 08:37:07 am
Someone had left a steaming  :shit: just right of the cornice last Saturday. I was pretty lucky not to tread in it. I guess it must have been one of those days when the person completely forgot to go for a poo before they walked in to the crag.  :shrug: Luckily there's a nice clean  toilet minutes walk away that is available between redpoint attempts.

tomtom

• forum hero
#4 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 19, 2017, 01:58:34 pm
I've been caught short at a crag once or twice - but always cleaned up after myself. No need to leave things on the path etc...

*rubs hands with glee at a potential grammatical mistake by dave*

Though, it is quite impressive that someone managed to squirt their faeces at the Tor! 

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#5 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 19, 2017, 02:06:16 pm
it's sport climbers who don't mind shitting 6feet from boulder problems

*rubs hands with glee at a potential grammatical mistake by dave*

Though, it is quite impressive that someone managed to squirt their faeces at the Tor! 

:clap2:

dave

#6 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 19, 2017, 02:26:01 pm
If we're being pedantic fellas then note that a phrase than can be deliberately misinterpreted for comedic value is not the same as a grammatical mistake.

tomtom

• forum hero
#7 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 19, 2017, 02:30:50 pm
If we're being pedantic fellas then note that a phrase than can be deliberately misinterpreted for comedic value is not the same as a grammatical mistake.

I think "Pillocks shitting near the Tor" would have been clearer and had less possibility for being incorrectly interpreted.

:)

Though if any shit is found on routes - above say 3m - then we can be confident it is climbers. Either someone hanging from a rope or someone being creative with a clip stick.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#8 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 19, 2017, 02:32:30 pm
don't dis clip sticks dude, it's not cool

you can say what you like about cack sticks

dave

#9 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 19, 2017, 02:40:59 pm

I think "Pillocks shitting near the Tor" would have been clearer and had less possibility for being incorrectly interpreted.

Except it would have contradicted the second part where I was taking about was people shitting at the actual crag too.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#10 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 19, 2017, 02:52:33 pm
I decided, in the interests of science, to google "pillocks shitting", just in case there were some self confessed pillocks spraying about shitting at the tor - you know, so I could advise them about a better course of action

this came top of the list

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#11 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 19, 2017, 03:30:13 pm
it's sport climbers who don't mind shitting 6feet from boulder problems

To be honest the image in my mind was of hosts of sport climbers, in hot competition with each other, hanging the holds on various boulder problems and then explosively forcing shits out of their puckered sphincters in the hope of beating the current record (held by Johnny Brown I believe) of 6 feet from the Tor.

dave

#12 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 19, 2017, 04:56:29 pm
That's an image you're welcome to.

petejh

• forum hero
#13 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 19, 2017, 09:02:21 pm
To be fair, if any sport crag in the world did deserve to be shat on then the righthand side of the Tor would probably be it. Still not cricket  :chair:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#14 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 21, 2017, 09:30:30 am
Seems more likely to me that it's people living the #vanlife overnight (when the nearby public toilets are closed) in the Tor lay by than climbers going mid-session.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#15 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 21, 2017, 09:43:14 am
the Tor is doing its best to attain Euro status

tomtom

• forum hero
#16 Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 21, 2017, 09:49:25 am
(Sorry - log post. )

dave

#17 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 21, 2017, 01:16:20 pm
Seems more likely to me that it's people living the #vanlife overnight (when the nearby public toilets are closed) in the Tor lay by than climbers going mid-session.

The river guy said they had appeared between the morning/lunchtime and when I saw him at about 9pm. So not overnighters.

Doylo

• forum hero
#18 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 21, 2017, 06:13:59 pm
You can shit where you want at LPT cos when you come back the next day it's magically disappeared .

petejh

• forum hero
#19 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 21, 2017, 08:06:37 pm
One of the attributes that makes LPT a classic venue among lesser sport crags. 'The solution to pollution is dilution'..

webbo

• forum hero
#20 Re: Pillocks shitting at the Tor
May 21, 2017, 10:25:33 pm
You can shit where you want at LPT cos when you come back the next day it's magically disappeared .
Maybe what's happening is the tide is washing it up,stream to Ravens Tor.
Clearly Doylo is the culprit. :shit:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal