UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 356 12th December - 18th December 2016 (Read 11442 times)

andy popp

• forum hero
I cant talk about it specifically because its not fully in the bag yet. In most respects its an incredible opportunity and dream job

Congratulations Simon. I can't say anything either, but I'm currently in the same position.

tomtom

• forum hero
He's also got some orange trousers and a job as a bin man recycling consultant

T_B

• forum hero
I think I've guessed...

The Lister Arms new sponsor for the GB climbing team.

Mammut Malham Cove Academy.

:P

petejh

• forum hero
STG: Secret winter goal - first need a winter
MTG: first 8b+ (Mecca), spring.
LTG: 8c, by June 2018

Much eating and little training or climbing.

M. Core and mobe.
T. Boardroom. Moonboard sesh. Had little session fitness, managed some 7As, good fun.
W.
T. Flew to NI with 30 through-bolts.
F.Mega Crag X. Scoping out lines on the ab rope. Rock is as good as I hoped and 2 brilliant routes found out of 3 drops on the rope.
S.
S. Mini xmas with GF/daughter. Pure GluttonyTM, love it.

Psyched to have started at the cliff. If winter conditions don't materialise then I'll take my vehicle over on the ferry to NI and spend xmas bolting 40m classics instead.

dave

S. Mini xmas with GF/daughter.

You are Woody Allen and I claim my five pounds.

Yes I know I've done this joke before......

Doylo

• forum hero
Best of both worlds  :lol:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Not that I'm one to accept any advice offered

You're welcome

It may be that a Spring offensive on the Oak is impractical but on the other hand maybe that is no bad thing as I can do a longer strength build up for an attempt in the Autumn. Ill have to see how it goes. 

Interesting  :-\

filz

• addict
Congratulations shark.
Lore  :strongbench:

M-W : Temperature and flu
Thu: feeling a little better. Ring training: planks, push ups, dips, top position
Fri: new set up on my board and a few tries on problems. The board is harder than before with a lot of underclings, bad vertical holds and only small footholds. Quite happy with the result and really psyched for the winter training to come.
Sat: fb max hangs
Sun: board climbing. Managed to climb a couple of problems. Barbell clean and press

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
It may be that a Spring offensive on the Oak is impractical but on the other hand maybe that is no bad thing as I can do a longer strength build up for an attempt in the Autumn. Ill have to see how it goes. 

Yes - I know you suggested this tactic but I'm not going to openly admit to taking advice

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

Yes - I know you suggested this tactic but I'm not going to openly admit to taking advice
Oh right, mum's the word then 🙊

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Palomides

• forum abuser
Right - I'm in.

After a couple of years trying to maintain fitness and not really succeeding, I'm seeing my climbing time getting more and more squeezed by work and family. Despite less time, advancing age and niggling knee problems it's time I did something about it - so instead of giving up I've taken a year's sub at the local wall... more training, more focus and making the most of limited outdoor sessions.

Starting now instead of Jan, because there's no point waiting, and because the wall subscription was 15% off last week! Need to do a few weeks building base climbing fitness back up to "normal" level before making a periodised plan.. hope i can count on you lot for advice about that!

(Sat 11th : Regional Open bouldering comp at Millau. 10th out of 15 veterans, did 25 out of 40 problems. About what I expected, but I suspect I need to get stronger, fitter AND more flexible to acheive goals next year)

M - Road commute. Still tired from comp
T - Lunchtime bouldering. Signed up for a year at Altissimo. 12 months unlimited climbing for 360€. Gulp. Had mediocre bouldering session, still feeling it from Sat!
W - MTB commute. More terrifying than usual slippery limestone singletrack because I'd left the fork locked out..
T - Lunchtime bouldering. felt stronger, but very busy with guys doing 3minutes on/3 minutes off or similar. retreated to auto-belay and go pumped on vertical F6b.. surprising..
F - nothing
S - low-key pizza and film night
S - 10 minute DIY yoga session (Daily Yoga phone app)

tomtom

• forum hero

Shark admitted to climbing faster on Monday :)

That was after he said he was taller than me (before asking me to brush the high holds he couldn't reach)

webbo

• forum hero
Mon. Board worked a project for a bit then did some system type problems. Bike 23 miles.
Tue. Nothing.
Wed. Nothing.
Thu. Board did one project worked a couple of others, the did repeats on a couple of problems. Picked up new bike and had a bike fit.
Fri. Bike 44.10 miles 2 hrs 41 mins.
Sat. Board first thing just did system problems. Went to watch a rugby match sponsored by wife's boss. Free bar.
Sun. Rough.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal