UKBouldering.com

Climbing Rumours (Read 38238 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#25 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 10:32:09 am
The gritstone phallus is the one that popped into my mind too!!

Likewise. The complexity if the surrounding story changes with every version though.
Full story please.

You have mail. Best not "smear" the name of a high profile climber publicly.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#26 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 10:34:12 am
There were also rumours of an american sport climber in the 80s getting piggybacks so he wouldn't develop leg muscles, and of one sleeping without a sleeping back because he reckoned being cold and shivering burned more energy so he would lose weight.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#27 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 10:36:45 am
I heard... A certain extremely well known Sheffield climber was once found under Tom's roof at Stony, red faced and straining away... However the well trained power was focused not on Stony's shiniest stone but his own organ. Yet another reason for avoiding Tom's roof.

dave

#28 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 10:44:07 am
To be honest that's all Tom's Roof is fit for.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#29 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 10:48:02 am
Since we're on the topic, I heard from a strong young man that he had hitched a lift with a well known famous climber. As the car rounded a bend, the glovebox popped open of it's own accord and a large vibrating penis rolled out onto the floor. Must have been quite the ice-breaker.

danm

• junky
#30 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 12:18:04 pm
Seeing as we're rolling with a dildo-based theme here, I heard a rumour about a foreign wad climbing couple, who left one of said objects in the spare room they were staying in. Only a well known climbing wall owner and competition judge with appalling taste in vehicles and football teams will be able to confirm this for certain. Allegedly.

Doylo

• forum hero
#31 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 12:30:01 pm
I heard about an American female boulderer who liked choking Sheffield males whilst on top.

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
#32 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 12:39:23 pm
I heard about an American female boulderer who liked choking Sheffield males whilst on top.

:lol:

andy_e

• forum hero
#33 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 02:52:00 pm
Since we're on the topic, I heard from a strong young man that he had hitched a lift with a well known famous climber. As the car rounded a bend, the glovebox popped open of it's own accord and a large vibrating penis rolled out onto the floor. Must have been quite the ice-breaker.

I have also heard this story but can't remember who off. The Artist Formerly Known As Psycho Dave?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#34 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 03:08:36 pm

I have also heard this story but can't remember who off. The Artist Formerly Known As Psycho Dave?

I heard it off he who screams the loudest when he falls off.

SamT

• forum hero
#35 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 03:12:54 pm
Can anyone shed any light on what actually happened in the pool at Glenmore Lodge 1999 BMC Winter meet, between Britains most famous crap climber and a young hard grit star. Others no longer of these shores may well have been involved too.
Allegedly.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#36 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 03:24:32 pm
There's a local legend about a young hotshot of this parish returning from a highly successful sport trip in sunnier climbs and deciding he'd saved the Black Magic onsight solo long enough. He turned up at Pex on his own, set off, realised too late it was not properly dry and ended up taking a big lob. He thankfully walked away and went on to send 8c not long afterwards...  :hug:

Wood FT

• forum hero
#37 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 03:39:22 pm
2 quiet lancs heroes once soloed Vector together at Tremadog when one of them slid down the ochre slab and was caught by the other.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#38 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 03:41:55 pm
2 quiet lancs heroes once soloed Vector together at Tremadog when one of them slid down the ochre slab and was caught by the other.

Flippin' 'eck is that true? Who was that? Epic.

There was a good climber in our uni climbing club who, it was claimed, had fallen off while soloing Overhanging Groove and caught himself on the jugs a little further down  :o

Wood FT

• forum hero
#39 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 03:43:53 pm

That would be too easy

One has retrospectively climbed E9 and the other carries the torch

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#40 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 03:51:04 pm

That would be too easy

One has retrospectively climbed E9 and the other carries the torch

So Ryan and someone else? Who was the slipee?

Wood FT

• forum hero
#41 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 03:55:28 pm
I think Pete stopped Ryan, when I asked them about it the 'slip' was more of a 'slump' but that's not nearly as good a story.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#42 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 04:00:50 pm
Did someone once get stuck in a handjam on Ressurection on the Cromlech and have to be rescued?

grimer

• forum hero
#43 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 04:34:53 pm
Who had to be rescued from the lip whilst soloing flying butress direct. Some perma pissed polish dude that was working at outside and staying at North Lees campsite?? and was Grimer involved??

As I recall it, someone soloed up to the back of the roof and could lean out and offer a hand. When they let go, they swung in, but they lost grip with the hand and turned,  ran down the slab and off into the bracken and remained relatively unscathed.

No, that was me it happened to. Although the words "It happened to" makes it sound like an accident that befell me. I fell off at the lip and ran off down the entire height of the slab, diagonally, towards the only flat landing spot.

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
  • The Hero Gotham Deserves.
#44 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 04:49:15 pm
I've heard the one that someone had to be cut out of a kneebar by firefighters at (*crag varies depending on the teller of the story*).

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
#45 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 05:01:16 pm
Heard about someones fingers getting chopped off by a wobbly wedged block on the skull. Heard about it by text message about two minutes before setting off on the relevant pitch, climbed quite carefully after that warning!

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
#46 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 05:02:46 pm
And many variations of people running down the slab after falling of sniveling shits.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#47 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 05:14:46 pm
Heard about someones fingers getting chopped off by a wobbly wedged block on the skull. Heard about it by text message about two minutes before setting off on the relevant pitch, climbed quite carefully after that warning!

Dave Musgrove Snr wasn't it?

danm

• junky
#48 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 05:25:15 pm
I think Pete stopped Ryan, when I asked them about it the 'slip' was more of a 'slump' but that's not nearly as good a story.

The way Pete tells it, both of them were in a bit of a state after "smashing it in at a party" but decided to solo something "easy". Ryan was just ahead of Pete, and suddenly declared quite calmly "Oh, I'm off here Pete" to which Pete replied "No you fucking aren't!" Pete managed to hold him in position long enough for Ryan to sort himself, the rest of the ascent going smoothly.

Grimer makes his tale sound vaguely heroic and superhuman - "Irishman saved by cat-like reflexes" but I'm sure he told me he whimpered till his last breath, peeled off and was saved by some old boy who casually shoved him away from the pointy rocks.

grimer

• forum hero
#49 Re: Climbing Rumours
November 25, 2016, 06:19:41 pm
That's right Dan, locked right in on the beat there as usual.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal