UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Roaches][Leathered + other bits][7B+] (Read 2106 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
[Peak][Roaches][Leathered + other bits][7B+]
November 14, 2016, 12:50:56 pm
Some more Roaches additions from the last couple of weeks.

Roaches – Too Drunk Boulder

Leathered 7B+ - Sit start as for Drunk Enough then follow the lip/roof leftward to finish up the left arete. Good sequency climbing. Bring a kneepad.

Half Cut 7A+ - Start as for Too Drunk, finish as for Leathered.

NB – I originally called this The Lash on FB, then changed name when turned out Andy B had also used the name for a new prob at Birchen this week! Have also renamed the 6C on far left of the block, mentioned in recent Update thread – now call Dirty Late Topout.

Climbed a nice vertical wall thing about 15m right of the Too Drunk block and just below Ou Est Le Spit. No doubt done before but very nice and worth documenting so will suggest a name and grade:

Spittoon 6A+ - Start 2m left of the crack, climb the thin vertical wall

Roaches – Piece of Mind Boulders

This is on one of the boulders behind the ridge (so on the Upper Tier side) and down at the bottom of the hill fairly close to the path:

<will fill in name when i think of one> 7A – Sit start on a good finger flake. Exit flake via tricky scoop mantel

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Vid of an earlier 7B version I did of Leathered, starting on flake right of Too Drunk. It's an FB vid so maybe won't work for most
https://www.facebook.com/pete.wilson.92317/videos/10157716289020274/

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Were these problems named after the bloke who appears behind you in the video?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
He does look a bit unsteady on his pins now you mention it

Mirf

• player
    • www.leopoldkroll.com
Did some bits and pieces on this bloc many years back. My mind is way too old to remember any of it now apart from maybe doing the first ascent of an easier version of too drunk but with feet jammed behind the block at the sit start prob about 6c this way, did a slightly harder left finish maybe 7a and some sort of lip traverese. Surprising how much is on such a small Boulder

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal