UKBouldering.com

Can I build a basic website for free? (Read 7489 times)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
More great advice, cheers folks. Off for a day out with the family, but I’ll be burying my head in the website later on.

tomtom

• forum hero

Considered giving your cool machine a name? Silly things like that can make a difference...

What like Loggy McLogface.

You should work in marketing :D

Well it does have a pretty cool name as standard..... it’s called a Logbullet!

Excellent!

remus

• forum hero
Might worth be worth doing something similar with the email address for PC and mobile users. Click the email address and it opens a new email with your email address already populated.

Good shout, and really easy change. All you need to do is make your email address a link with the following URL mailto:info@lowimpactforesty.ltd and it should just work.

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
Looks good I think. Simple and clear.

Only thing I'd suggest is to have a bit of text on the main page describing what you do. The second paragraph from your about us page would do, I wouldn't worry about duplication.

Also, I'd like a few more details... What is low impact? What kind of jobs do you do, services you offer, etc. Just a short paragraph.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Nice - you're live - better than no end of tinkering! One comment, one question: regular case is easier to read than all caps (less shouty). Why is it 'low impact' - add a sentence on that.

There'll be a place in Wix you can edit the stuff in the <Head> to something better than 'mysite'. Maybe the wizard linked here: https://support.wix.com/en/article/adding-seo-page-titles-and-descriptions-meta-tags

The font I have chosen appears to only being in upper case  :thumbsdown: which is a shame as I have had my van sign written and all my business cards made now too!  Going to sort ‘mysite’ thingy next, cheers.

Might worth be worth doing something similar with the email address for PC and mobile users. Click the email address and it opens a new email with your email address already populated.

Good shout, and really easy change. All you need to do is make your email address a link with the following URL mailto:info@lowimpactforesty.ltd and it should just work.

Fuck me, I’ve only gone and managed to do this!  :boxing:

Looks good I think. Simple and clear.

Only thing I'd suggest is to have a bit of text on the main page describing what you do. The second paragraph from your about us page would do, I wouldn't worry about duplication.

Also, I'd like a few more details... What is low impact? What kind of jobs do you do, services you offer, etc. Just a short paragraph.

I’m currently working on some more content which elaborates more on what we do and why it’s good, cheers for tip though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal