UKBouldering.com

U-S-A! The American Politics Thread. (Read 499963 times)

Bradders

• forum hero

slab_happy

• forum hero
#2576 Re: U-S-A! The American Politics Thread.
December 19, 2022, 02:46:51 pm
'"I imagine he's getting pressure from investors to step down and is using this poll to make it look like he's following the will of the people instead of the will of those paying his bills."'

That and/or Tesla investors threatening a coup if he doesn't get back to doing what's supposed to be his main job, rather than dicking around and tanking their stock in the process.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.

petejh

• forum hero
#2578 Re: U-S-A! The American Politics Thread.
December 20, 2022, 02:56:30 pm
Hoping Trump will be denied running. Will then wait for Musk to poll twitter on whether he should run for president, millions of Chinese bots vote yes, and by 2027 we have a US/spaceX embassy on the moon.   

slab_happy

• forum hero
#2579 Re: U-S-A! The American Politics Thread.
December 20, 2022, 03:26:18 pm
And then he finds out that someone at the embassy once said something critical about him on social media and cuts off their oxygen.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2580 Re: U-S-A! The American Politics Thread.
December 20, 2022, 03:47:56 pm
Who, Trump or Musk? :)

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#2581 Re: U-S-A! The American Politics Thread.
December 20, 2022, 05:28:59 pm

Even if I could afford one (I can't!) there is absolutely zero chance I would ever buy a Tesla. Thats entirely down to Musk. Complete nobhead.

I would, I think they're nice cars if a bit pricey. Musk being a bellend should would have no impact on whether or not I bought a Tessie. Do you shun VW? I mean they systematically corrupted the emissions testing to cheat environmental regulations for years. A far worse crime than simply being a nob yet it doesn't appear to put people off.

I've always been baffled as to why/how VW ended up being the fall guy for this. It was industry wide, a "known secret", VW weren't even the worst yet seemed to cop the lot. The Nissan Qashqai was well known as being by far the worst offender but remained un-criticized and a massive best seller.

Re Musk, it has definitely put me off Teslas, for the same reasons as Ali et al articulated above. I know me buying a Polestar/Hyundai or whatever won't cause Elon to lose any sleep (and it I've no idea who the CEOs of those two example are, nor their political/ethical leanings) but it will mean I will sleep easier!

There was a pretty "one eye closed" docu-stitch-up on Netflix or youtube a few years back, loads of talking head interviews in the US with people being "shocked" at what VW had done. Felt like total hatchet job with an agenda.

petejh

• forum hero
#2582 Re: U-S-A! The American Politics Thread.
December 20, 2022, 05:53:51 pm
I know what you (and other posters) are trying to say, but it isn’t very apt to say a ‘hatchet job’ when the subject in question actually *is* massively in the wrong!
‘Throwing under the bus’ might be more apt.

andy popp

• forum hero
If the GOP does win the House their majority will probably be tiny and the party fractious and hard to govern.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
If the GOP does win the House their majority will probably be tiny and the party fractious and hard to govern.

Serves them right for allowing Qanon fruit loops into the party. I would include the previous President in that category.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal