UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Rivelin][The Steeple][E6 6c] (Read 3029 times)

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
[Peak][Rivelin][The Steeple][E6 6c]
October 25, 2016, 08:58:54 pm
Possibly a new route.

Climbs the arete between Altar Crack and Nonsuch with gear in these routes that can be placed from below the roof. The crack of nonsuch is eliminated completely apart from the first piece of gear. The climbing is really good starting with a font 7a ish crux to pass the roof and then some English 6bish moves to the break.

Not a great headpointing expirience, everything felt terrible on the lead and I felt like I could have fallen of the unprotected move up to the break. Lucky escape!

user deactivated

#1 Re: [Peak][Rivelin][The Steeple][E6 6c]
October 25, 2016, 09:23:49 pm
Pretty sure this was done by James Ibbo back in the day 1999-2000 ish suggested e5 6c. Great bit of rock there. The eliminate the other side of non such is also great

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
#2 Re: [Peak][Rivelin][The Steeple][E6 6c]
October 25, 2016, 09:28:06 pm
Cheers, would be good to find out. There's no mention of it in the definitive guide (2005) or online as far as I can see but its a pretty obvious line so I was doubtful that it could be new route.

user deactivated

#3 Re: [Peak][Rivelin][The Steeple][E6 6c]
October 25, 2016, 09:47:40 pm
I can ask him and pm if you? I can remember discussing the ethics of a low side runner in non such and some tricky moves through the small roof on shallow pockets etc? it was 16 years ago though and I don't think he'd worry to much about a retro claim.

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
#4 Re: [Peak][Rivelin][The Steeple][E6 6c]
October 25, 2016, 09:59:24 pm
Yeah that sounds about right, I had the same conversation yesterday! Would be interesting to know if you wouldn't mind messaging him? I'm not too worried though, it was cool to just do the route  :)

user deactivated

#5 Re: [Peak][Rivelin][The Steeple][E6 6c]
October 25, 2016, 10:10:45 pm
Cool, will try and find out after half term. Rivelin is one of my favourite crags the other routes round there like new Mediterranean are great and such an amazing spot in autumn to.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal