UKBouldering.com

Nalle climbs the Lappnor project (9A)!! (Read 64489 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#75 Re: Nalle climbs the Lappnor project (9A)!!
December 13, 2016, 04:39:51 pm
My husband is 54yrs and has erectile dysfunction. I need to find him Meds at a greatly reduced rate but, they still need to be Meds not Deads. I have yet to find a pharmacy that dispenses consistent quality Meds at a reasonable rate. I want to where to buy apcalis online, but still dont trust any internet pharmacies. Please help!

Hi Polyya Awx,

This is a little awx, but the Lappnor problem is hard in terms of difficulty, not turgidity. You may find material to help with your problem on the DFBWGC thread. HTH.

tomtom

• forum hero
#76 Re: Nalle climbs the Lappnor project (9A)!!
December 13, 2016, 04:41:12 pm
Is it raining at Earl Polyya?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#77 Re: Pills without prescription
December 13, 2016, 04:45:50 pm
My husband is 54yrs and has erectile dysfunction. I need to find him Meds at a greatly reduced rate but, they still need to be Meds not Deads. I have yet to find a pharmacy that dispenses consistent quality Meds at a reasonable rate. I want to where to buy apcalis online, but still dont trust any internet pharmacies. Please help!

Try the forums most recent endorsement Yohimbe.

petejh

• forum hero
#78 Re: Nalle climbs the Lappnor project (9A)!!
December 13, 2016, 05:18:22 pm
What great timing!

Dr S.Nakeoil recommends your hubby tries Yohimbe. Do tell us how you get on but don't blame me if you can't post back because you're too sore to walk over to the laptop.

36chambers

• forum hero
The film should be out this month.

sauce [sic]: https://www.facebook.com/BlueKangooFilms/

Quote from: Blue Kangoo Films
We are happy to announce that The Lappnor Project will be released on Vimeo on Demand in January 2017! The exact release date will be announced soon.
It has been a demanding project all in all, and we are thrilled to finally see these 3 1/2 years distilled into a 30-minute story!
Check this space and www.thelappnorproject.com for updates!

I sincerely hope it's just a continuous 30 minute montage of Nalle repeatingly falling off until he doesn't. Hopefully with the grade and name appearing after he tops out. But one can only dream.

dave

Or ideally 30 mins of buildup then the name and grade flashing up just BEFORE he pulls on for the sucessful send, so to allow any sense of accumulated anticipation to evaporate.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
They didn't get the successful ascent on film.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Or ideally 30 mins of buildup then the name and grade flashing up just BEFORE he pulls on for the sucessful send, so to allow any sense of accumulated anticipation to evaporate.

You already know he climbs it so there is little point in watching it. :clown:

dave

You already know he climbs it so there is little point in watching it. :clown:

I knew Daniel Craig would coldly shag his way through a killing spree but it didn't stop me watching all his Bond films.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:40:48 pm by dave »

andy popp

• forum hero

I thought they did?

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures

I thought they did?

Just checked and while the people making the film weren't there when he did it, Nalle filmed it himself. I missed that detail when I read it at first. The post is on the "Blue Kangoo Films" Facebook page post from October 24th.

So expect 29 minutes of beautifully shot scenes of Nalle making coffee, packing his rucksack, walking through a forest, chalking up in slow motion etc., followed by 30 seconds of phone-in-a-shoe send footage.  ;)

I bet they were fucking screwing when he phoned them up to tell them he'd done it without them. Can you imagine?!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I knew Daniel Craig would coldly shag his way through a killing spree but it didn't stop me watching all his Bond films.

Your accumulated anticipation levels shouldn't nose dive if the name and grade flash up before the ascent with robust training like that.

Durbs

• forum hero
I'm hoping for extended flying from South Africa / America to Norway, into a car and THEN driving to the crag footage.

And timelapses.
Definitely timelapses.

36chambers

• forum hero
So expect 29 minutes of beautifully shot scenes of Nalle making coffee, packing his rucksack, walking through a forest, chalking up in slow motion etc., followed by 30 seconds of phone-in-a-shoe send footage.  ;)

I just hope they keep the bullshit talk about the journey (metaphorical not the literal crag approach) and the personal development to a minimum :yawn:

galpinos

• forum hero

I'm also hoping for some forest based outdoor yoga and fingerboarding.

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
How come no-one has mentioned the filing/clipping/manicuring yet!?! Or better still flappers/splits/blisters ;)

Doylo

• forum hero

I thought they did?

Just checked and while the people making the film weren't there when he did it, Nalle filmed it himself. I missed that detail when I read it at first. The post is on the "Blue Kangoo Films" Facebook page post from October 24th.

I bet they were fucking screwing when he phoned them up to tell them he'd done it without them. Can you imagine?!

I can sympathise  from personal experience. It's a nightmare trying to get an ascent on camera sometimes when it's at the climbers limit. When Neil Dyer and Pete Robins were trying the FA of Megalopa on LpT I spent about a month filming nearly every go. In the end they weren't that close and I couldn't keep filming forever (I like to climb too!).  Then 5 weeks or so later I was working the route to the left and Dyer was about To have a go so I clipped into a Bolt and pulled up my camera and he did it that go. So lucky. I can only imagine trying to get a 5 year project on film.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
I can sympathise  from personal experience. It's a nightmare trying to get an ascent on camera sometimes when it's at the climbers limit.
I understand... Rich ------> Action Directe ------>  :worms:

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones

I thought they did?

I can sympathise  from personal experience. It's a nightmare trying to get an ascent on camera sometimes when it's at the climbers limit. When Neil Dyer and Pete Robins were trying the FA of Megalopa on LpT I spent about a month filming nearly every go. In the end they weren't that close and I couldn't keep filming forever (I like to climb too!).  Then 5 weeks or so later I was working the route to the left and Dyer was about To have a go so I clipped into a Bolt and pulled up my camera and he did it that go. So lucky. I can only imagine trying to get a 5 year project on film.

This was discussed at length when the Ellis Butler Barker controversy was going on. The wisdom of UKB decided that there is absolutely no excuse for not getting absolutely everything on film and uploaded to Vimeo. If you're more into climbing than making wanky films you're just not cut out to be a pro climber.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Norway, into a car and THEN driving to the crag footage.

From NORWAY? Bloody long drive, especially in winter.

rodma

• forum hero

I thought they did?

This was discussed at length when the Ellis Butler Barker controversy was going on. The wisdom of UKB decided that there is absolutely no excuse for not getting absolutely everything on film and uploaded to Vimeo. If you're more into climbing than making wanky films you're just not cut out to be a pro climber.

That's a wee bitty of an exaggeration Will. Nalle filmed something significant. 

Noone really gives two shits about the need for footage if it's a non controversial non news worthy problem/route.

tomtom

• forum hero
Maybe in bond films they should have a little caption that flags up '15 people about to be wasted by semi automatic fire' just before it happens...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
 :lol:

36chambers

• forum hero
Maybe in bond films they should have a little caption that flags up '15 people about to be wasted by semi automatic fire' just before it happens...

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
I'm voting by a 5 minute montage intro of every move from every angle, zoomed in and wide angle, all mashed together randomly followed by another 15-20 minutes of metaphorical waffling by the world's best climbers about grades and the relative meaning of grades (or just this: ), followed by another 10 minutes or approach, coffee, driving, pad setup, cleaning holds, etc., and then the credits rolling during the send footage so we don't even et a clear view of the send...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal