UKBouldering.com

Nalle climbs the Lappnor project (9A)!! (Read 63787 times)

Doylo

• forum hero
Don't get the comment either, weird.

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
I thought it was great. Different from the usual stuff that comes out, everyone loves a good siege!

Hamfunk

• regular
I like Nalle and i'm impressed with the problem but the film didn't grab me. The dice/poker stuff just seemed unneccessary and I didnt find Nalle's dialogue engaging.

Each to their own I suppose.

T_B

• forum hero
I thought it was excellent. I quite liked the darkness of it (including the music). I'm pretty bored with the bouldering film 'genre', this felt very different.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Pretty sure Hamfunk's allowed his own opinion on this, even if he is wrong.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
I liked the film, thought it did its job really well. Hamfunk has a point about the dice being overdone, just a few rolls here and there would complement Nalle's point about stuff outside your control needed for a successful ascent.

Not sure about the brevity of the end though. Either it was to back up his point that when it's over, it's abrupt. Or maybe just not considered important.

Murph

• forum abuser
I enjoyed the telling of the story about the worlds hardest Boulder problem, and the dedication that it required, including all that time. But it was a little humourless which no doubt reflects the single minded determination needed to succeed at that level. For entertainment though, I enjoyed the recent LittleCunt video and the recently rediscovered Lifetime Project. They were more inspiring to me personally but that might just be because they were by comparison punter problems.

There was a podcast interview with Nalle a year or two ago when he was still working Lappnor that was quite insightful. From memory, he said the hard climbs were basically just pulling on small crimps and there wasn't much to it beyond that. Find the smallest holds you can hold, crimp on, pull up. He gave the impression that it was basically a bit boring so I guess the film is in keeping with that.

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
Is nalle in the north york moors at the moment as i spoteed a blue beamer with number plate V17 WAD

JonB

• regular
Is nalle in the north york moors at the moment as i spoteed a blue beamer with number plate V17 WAD

:clap2:

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

36chambers

• forum hero
So much better than my "UKC" number plate

andy_e

• forum hero
We've chipped in and are going to buy you PUN 73R for your birthday.

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Nice, very eloquent. No mention of the Sisu project? Or is that a bit hypothetical?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal