• forum hero
#100 Re: Which knee pad?
November 07, 2021, 09:17:12 pm
4 large Send pads £150
3 rock and resole pads £90
1 mini Send pad £60
1 la sportiva pad £60
2 blak pads £150
Kneebaring your mate's project: priceless.

*I can't actually remember how much the different pads cost, but our household does have a lot. I figure so long as I have more pairs of shoes than pairs of pads it's still acceptable

Nike Air

• forum abuser
#101 Re: Which knee pad?
November 07, 2021, 09:37:27 pm
I think the red chilli ones are not in the uk yet, I might be wrong though
Winner. When I spoke with RC UK rep they were not sure when they would be making it in.

Saw they've got them in stock at outside at the mo https://www.outside.co.uk/red-chili-kneerock-knee-pad.html

User deactivated.

• forum hero
#102 Re: Which knee pad?
November 07, 2021, 10:01:22 pm
4 large Send pads £150
1 mini Send pad £60
1 la sportiva pad £60
2 blak pads £150

*I can't actually remember how much the different pads cost, but our household does have a lot. I figure so long as I have more pairs of shoes than pairs of pads it's still acceptable

Is the sportiva any good?

abarro81

• forum hero
#103 Re: Which knee pad?
November 07, 2021, 10:03:25 pm
It's decent but the lowest buckle/strap can be very sore. I wouldn't want to use it on long routes much personally, but pretty good for bouldering

Nike Air

• forum abuser
#104 Re: Which knee pad?
November 07, 2021, 10:11:15 pm
4 large Send pads £150
1 mini Send pad £60
1 la sportiva pad £60
2 blak pads £150

It's not rubbish but I didn't gel with it personally.
The straps seemed thin and hurt when I had it super tight and the beaky bit over the knee kept on catching on the rope when drop kneeing. I never used it bouldering though.
I've only got 10 knee pads so Barrows will know more.
I sold mine on pretty much straight away if that means anything..

remus

• forum hero
#105 Re: Which knee pad?
November 07, 2021, 10:29:17 pm
For most people a send pad is perfectly adequate. They also last forever unless you lose it or are constantly knee barring, which most people don't.

For what it's worth my send pad of 4 or 5 years is starting to look pretty tired, I do like a knee bar or 2 though. Not sure if it's still an issue with the newer ones (with the sticky pattern printed on the inside) but the neoprene has started falling apart and the straps are starting to wear out. Overall I dont think durability is an issue but they're not invincible.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#106 Re: Which knee pad?
November 07, 2021, 10:32:42 pm
4 large Send pads £150

Having more than two of the same type seems excessive.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#107 Re: Which knee pad?
November 08, 2021, 09:53:55 am
4 large Send pads £150
1 mini Send pad £60
1 la sportiva pad £60
2 blak pads £150

It's not rubbish but I didn't gel with it personally.
The straps seemed thin and hurt when I had it super tight and the beaky bit over the knee kept on catching on the rope when drop kneeing. I never used it bouldering though.
I've only got 10 knee pads so Barrows will know more.
I sold mine on pretty much straight away if that means anything..

I have
2 large send.
2 Sportiva
2 small send
2 rock and resole sleeves.
Need some blak pads for the full set. ::)

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#108 Re: Which knee pad?
November 08, 2021, 10:14:42 am
For most people a send pad is perfectly adequate. They also last forever unless you lose it or are constantly knee barring, which most people don't.

For what it's worth my send pad of 4 or 5 years is starting to look pretty tired, I do like a knee bar or 2 though. Not sure if it's still an issue with the newer ones (with the sticky pattern printed on the inside) but the neoprene has started falling apart and the straps are starting to wear out. Overall I dont think durability is an issue but they're not invincible.

I have repaired one of mine, stitching the rubber back with a leather sewing awl and adding some left over stretch jeans bits to patch the neoprene. Economic theory suggests that I would have been better off taking on extra teaching instead.

remus

• forum hero
#109 Re: Which knee pad?
January 14, 2023, 09:34:24 pm
Bit of a long shot but does anyone know where I might be able to get hold of a blakpad in the UK? Their website seems to be down at the moment https://blakpad.com/

Duma

• forum hero
#110 Re: Which knee pad?
January 14, 2023, 09:53:02 pm
Aren't you in Spain atm? In which case wouldn't your best bet be to visit a local climbing shop?

remus

• forum hero
#111 Re: Which knee pad?
January 14, 2023, 10:05:16 pm
Heading back tomorrow so unfortunately won't have time. Poor planning though given we've been out for ages!

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#112 Re: Which knee pad?
January 15, 2023, 10:49:45 am
Bit of a long shot but does anyone know where I might be able to get hold of a blakpad in the UK? Their website seems to be down at the moment https://blakpad.com/
On their profile on insta https://www.instagram.com/kneepad_blakpad/ they write “Para envíos internacionales escríbenos por privado”, so send them a dm!

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#113 Re: Which knee pad?
January 15, 2023, 12:32:31 pm

There are delays in stock out here in Spain at the moment.

Its a bit of a logistical nightmare as they do hard and soft rubber, left and right, and also s/m/l and not everyone buys a pair.

A left will be ok as a right, and vice versa as long as you dont mine buckle on inside  of your leg.

Best buy a pair.

RobK

• stalker
#114 Re: Which knee pad?
March 02, 2023, 02:04:10 pm
Has anyone tried the Bagoa Negra?

I have a Send Classic which I really like and was looking at getting a second, but this is cheaper, a similar design, and also looks like the rubber dips a bit at the front a bit like the blakpad.

https://darkventures.co.uk/bagoa-negra-knee-pad-1743-p.asp

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#115 Re: Which knee pad?
April 08, 2023, 10:52:07 am
I have a Blak pad, right, large for sale if anyone is after one.

Grip is amazing but fit is terrible. Medium was too tight and large needs cranking too much.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal