UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 346 3rd October Sept - 9th Oct 2016 (Read 22864 times)

kelvin

• forum hero
I'd love to think so, cheers for the positive response though, I need more of that.

Also people saying you will come back as strong or stronger will ring hollow. When I started again it took me three sessions to redpoint Sardine which before I could do from cold as a warm up. By the end of the Summer I was at a different level on the Oak. It may work differently for you but I would bet Dave's money that it doesn't.   

Since I rolled the van in April, climbing has been a non event due to whiplash and a host of other issues but I've stuck to the physio, kept my fingers as strong as I can but as for coming back stronger? Not a chance.
However, I tied on this last week and was chuffed to flash a 6a. It felt like a proper YYFY as there was so much shit going on in my head and it would have been dead easy to be down about the session.
Take the climbing as it comes Toby and rejoice in whatever victories it presents. You'll catch up eventually. I gotta say I'm super impressed by how positive you've been.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
[probably be feeling quite vulnerable and fragile at the moment which is natural following a traumatic experience.

No kidding! I broke my wrist in the fall as well and had to have it operated on; I've barely thought about it. It's bloody terrifying having a chunk missing from your skull, and an area of brain with only some skin over it. (And a bit of dura etc if you're pedantic). I do appreciate the empathy though. The gym felt like hard work today,its a great distraction even if most of it has little relevance to climbing.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
[probably be feeling quite vulnerable and fragile at the moment which is natural following a traumatic experience.
. I do appreciate the empathy though.

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that my injury was comparable to yours

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal