UKBouldering.com

Daddy there's a Pokemon on your shoulder! (Read 4138 times)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
Daddy there's a Pokemon on your shoulder!
July 18, 2016, 05:21:46 pm
No there f#%€ing isn't.

Society is over, we are doomed.

All posts either sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek or mildly mocking-in-a-friendly-way unless otherwise stated. Looking at you, here, Dense.

tomtom

• forum hero
I blame a Blairite conspiracy!

fried

• forum hero
I have friends, (and when I say friends I mean people who come round my flat and eat all my food/ drink my wine) who are apparently employed, in respected companies, in positions of power that are waiting like for the second coming. To do what I have no idea.

More like son there's one on yours.

I was going to mention having to carry a shrp wpon on some frm of public transport  I use everyday, but probably not a good idea at the moment.

mini

• forum abuser
  • A not so
Two full blown adults left their beer garden table to go collect some Pokes' from the car park yesterday afternoon. He was well miffed when his battery ran out!!

Seriously though, they did look like they had an IQ of a maggot between them.

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
No there f#%€ing isn't.

Society is over, we are doomed.

All posts either sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek or mildly mocking-in-a-friendly-way unless otherwise stated. Looking at you, here, Dense.

I think "said by Old Man Matt" sums this up perfectly  ;)

Born 1990, I grew up in the pokemon boom. The only difference between then and now is that kids are walking around with each other 'catching them' rather than sitting in a dark room.

Don't worry, the future harbours much scarier and darker things than this.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
Driving to the Double Locks pub, this fine evening, we had to swerve sharply to avoid a 30something woman, who stopped suddenly whilst crossing the road. Turned out she'd found a Pokemon.

Sat at the pub, on a glorious evening, with the canal drifting slowly past and the Dragon flies buzzing past; we giggled at a table of six, late 30's-40's professionals having a company drinking sesh.

All leaping up to chase Pokemon at random...

At work, one of the staff keeps sprinting off to the far reaches of the building, because his phone buzzed (mind you, he's already booked his place at the "Walking Dead" convention in August 2017)...

It's quite entertaining.
But seriously, these things keep appearing on me; according to the kids.
And the Mrs (12 years my junior), who was even squealing excitedly that she'd "got one" whilst sat on the loo last night.

You're all barking. [emoji12]

JamieG

• forum hero
To fair this entire forum is dedicated to the pursuit of going around the countryside trying to get bigger numbers. :-)

dave

With all these millennials walking around heads down waving iPhone6s around, PokemonGo must be like Christmas come early for muggers.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
With all these millennials walking around heads down waving iPhone6s around, PokemonGo must be like Christmas come early for muggers.

Police Say Armed Robbers Used Pokémon Go App to Target Victims

Florida teens, mistaken for thieves, shot at playing Pokemon Go

Always going to be gullible, lazy people out there though pokewalk.com

To fair this entire forum is dedicated to the pursuit of going around the countryside trying to get bigger numbers. :-)

Quite....
Quote from: Dave Graham
Never think you're that cool - you're still just climbing rocks...in the woods...with bugs...and everyone thinks you're crazy.

36chambers

• forum hero
When I first got a ukc logbook I used to think of it as a pokedex and instead of catching Pokemon I was going around the country "catching" climbs. It was as close a hobby I could get to being a Pokemon master. However now Go has come out I can finally forget about climbing altogether  :strongbench:

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee

It will not surprise you to find that some Manc scallies are already way ahead of you!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/pokemon-go-phone-theft-arrest-11629390

36chambers

• forum hero
I remember once having a drunken conversation where we tried to assign various climbs to their Pokemon equivalent...

Green Traverse - Pikachu
Brad Pit - Charizard
Careless Toque - Articuno
etc.

SamT

• forum hero

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
Agree the whole thing is ridiculous. As soon as I read about the app I was sure someone was eventually going to be killed playing it. I downloaded it when it came out purely so I could stay informed; no point complaining about something you don't understand. I have 31 pokemon now. Around midnight last night I drove to a nearby gym when I became level 5. Taxi pulled up next to me when I was sat there in the dark and I became concerned that I might be behaving somewhat suspiciously, so I sped away. Ridiculous fad.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Its nothing new, Ingress has been around for since late 2013.  Its actually Noantic who adapted Ingress technology/software to produce PokemonGo.

I tried Ingress two years ago, don't think I actually collected anything, but decided I've other things I'd rather spend my time doing than walking around staring at my phone trying to collect things that don't actually exist.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
looking at guidebooks, collecting ticks FTW

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Zero idea of the veracity of this, would be nice if its true...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal