UKBouldering.com

best sandwich topping (Read 9245 times)

cofe

• forum hero
#50 best sandwich topping
August 27, 2004, 01:23:27 pm
Quote from: "dave"
Quote from: "Bonjoy"
For a luncheon sandwich the present winner is the Gruyere (or even better Comte), halved cherry toms, parma ham, dijonaise and ground pepper on a fresh Pain Rustique combo.Thats right!

that sounds a bit, well, how do i put it.......artistic.....erm, dale winton, right said fred? you get the picture.

you're just homosexualist dave: i've just had smoked ham with olive houmous, salad and cherry tomatoes on brown. and now i'm going to enjoy a banana....... BOOM BOOM :lol:

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#51 best sandwich topping
August 27, 2004, 01:24:32 pm
sandwich meltdown

:lol:

that's the problem for me - much as i love sausage and bacon with ketchup, if you're laying that shit down on some soft, fresh bread you're gonna have carnage on your hands like yo ass was at Cuvier.

I've tried toasting and it doesn't really alleviate to problem and cobs are just too much bread in the gob at once...I'm only talking 2 bangers (sliced down t'middle) and 2 rashers of salty pig, any ideas?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#52 best sandwich topping
August 27, 2004, 01:36:52 pm
To avoid meltdown I think timing is key. That ketchup/plum tom shouldn't be going anywhere near that bread till everything else is in place and you are poised to commence the chowing. Once it hits bread it's a race against the clock, you've got to be on the ball to come out of this one unscathed, I can tell you.
 And beware the egg! Only the foolhardy will bite into an unbreached yolk sac! Pierce and spread, that's my motto when it comes to egg handling. Pay head youngsters, you may just save yourself a whole lotta heartache!

tommytwotone

• forum hero
#53 best sandwich topping
August 27, 2004, 02:08:22 pm
i see wise one...I have realised the error of my ways, however does that imply that the sarnie must be consumed standing up, hunched over the kitchen counter?

My issue has been the journey from kitchen to sofa and the ensuing doors (usually negotiated whilst trying to juggle a glass of OJ, cup of coffe and said sarnie).

In future I will make sure that my coffee table is prepped with drinks in advance, and that my kitchen 'escape route' is clear of obstructions to enable maximum kitchen-to-lounge-sarnie-to-gob efficiency...if it don't work it's hunched over the counter like a hungry hungry hippo.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#54 best sandwich topping
August 27, 2004, 02:23:03 pm
It's advisable to have a member of your kitchen staff on hand to bring in the liquid component once you have arranged youself correctly in the eating hall. Follow this proceedure and the volatile elements can be combined without fear that the sandwich may go critical before total consumption is acheived.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#55 best sandwich topping
August 27, 2004, 02:40:59 pm
Quote from: "cofe"
i've just had smoked ham with olive houmous, salad and cherry tomatoes on brown.

How do you manage to get all that lot into a rizla?  :lol:
word lovejoy on the egg knowledge, learned that one a while ago.
Breakfast I normally have the full english (hence been a fat git), but if ever its a sarnie then its bacon, egg and brown sauce

webbo

• forum hero
#56 best sandwich topping
August 27, 2004, 03:31:25 pm
i have a morbid fear of fried eggs.the smell of them cooking makes me want to throw. :puke02: i can always tell when i'm in for a night of passion when the missus starts cooking them.not  :cry:

cofe

• forum hero
#57 best sandwich topping
August 27, 2004, 03:34:37 pm
Quote from: "Jim"
Quote from: "cofe"
i've just had smoked ham with olive houmous, salad and cherry tomatoes on brown.

How do you manage to get all that lot into a rizla?  :lol:

with aplomb :wink:

dave

#58 best sandwich topping
August 27, 2004, 03:35:10 pm
the smell of boiled eggs always makes me retch really badly. its like the amonia smell of rotting shit., but worse. uber-rancid.

Graeme

• menacing presence
#59 best sandwich topping
August 27, 2004, 03:36:34 pm
Breakfast sarnie, bacon, dry fried, with fried mushrooms on toast with red or brown sauce, or if I'm feeling adventurous, lea & perrins wocester and tomato sauce.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
#60 best sandwich topping
August 27, 2004, 04:11:10 pm
god, any eggs make me wanna throw - our works canteen has huge vats of scrambled egg in the morning, if i come in with a hangover the sight alone is enough to set me off...

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#61 best sandwich topping
August 27, 2004, 04:16:14 pm
Quote from: "Graeme"
lea & perrins wocester

you wanna get on the hendersons relish vibe, much better stuff

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal