UKBouldering.com

There’s a bloke fighting this weekend (Read 43285 times)

lukeyboy

• forum abuser
Looking forward to it. I really like Usyk, but Fury looks in good shape and I think his size will win out. I predict some punishing body shots from Fury and Usyk going down late on.

P.s. I'm no expert

Wellsy

• forum hero
Fury at his best is as good as Usyk and much bigger, I think he'll take it but Usyk can never be counted out.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
I'm still buzzing after Inoue and Lomachenko's fights. Exciting stuff.
For this I am extremely anxious: I like Fury, I loved how he showed Wilder's many flaws, and I like his style inside the ring. With all that said, my heart is with Usyk, not only because his is extremely skilled, but also because of how he behaves inside and outside the ring.
This surely will be his toughest fight, Fury is an excellent boxer and a lot heavier, with a one punch ko in his hands, so I don't know if Usyk's angles and relentlessness will do the job as with Joshua, who is a static puncher.
I am afraid that Fury's size will pay out in the end, but I have enormous faith in Usyk's capabilities and will.
I sincerely can't wait.
I only hope that referee and judges will be at the level that is required by this fight.

Edit: re melius perpensa, probably Fury hasn't one punch ko power, because he rarely - if ever - proved so, but surely he can deliver a ko combination of two/three punches. But then again, he floored Wilder with single punches... an overhand right and a left body shot in the second fight, and a right hook in the third fight...
I am confused now.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:54:58 am by Nibile »

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
Usyk.
Hard as nails, better mentally, a better boxer. He’ll work out Tyson Fury after 5 rounds.
Fury isn’t a knockout power monster which gives Usyk time to learn & adapt.

Fury hasn’t fought enough credible people. Especially in recent times.

Usyk is a better character of person and deserves the unified champion title.

Wellsy

• forum hero
I agree Usyk is the better man. And he's certainly mentally stronger, plus extremely tough. Fury is definitely able to beat him, and vice versa. Like Nibs I hope the refs and judges are up to the fight, which could be the best of a generation

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
Yeah styles make fights and I think these two are unquestionably the best boxers at heavyweight right now.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
As people have said, Usyk commands more respect, by some margin. Fury can be crass, no question. Give some credit to Fury though; he gave away an entire £7m purse to homeless charities and has battled through severe depression to get back to this level.

I’d like Usyk to win, he’s a super boxer, but I think Fury is still very skilful and his size and reach will tell in the end.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal