the site > suggestions, requests, support

Many people who don't use UKB because of its culture - why, and how to fix??

(1/33) > >>

Fiend:
Split from the macros/etc thread - Lund raised this as an issue. Irrespective of certain ongoing debates, I think it is worth heeding this issue, if it is genuine.

Obviously there are a few aspects of, errr, culture on here that could have been perceived to cause problems:

> DFB - fixed by removing thread after a poll found a majority in favour of not removing it.

> "offensive" terminology in avatars - soon to be fixed after mark s obeys the strict command from the UKB MODERATING ENFORCEMENT POLICE.

> Hostility towards UKC - generally outwitted by being a better culture than UKC overall??

What else is there?? Are there serious issues to be fixed?? What reasons have these many people actually cited about the culture (I'm hoping for a clear answer from Lund at least since he raised it)??

Personally I've had a couple of people thinking it's "too cliquey" and I've assured them that it IS cliquey but it's generally a smart, well-informed, and welcoming clique, as long as you're psyched and contribute sensibly (with SOME EXCEPTIONS obviously) and/or entertainingly.

fried:
You are John Redhead, and I claim my five pounds.

tomtom:

--- Quote from: fried on May 23, 2016, 07:57:52 pm ---You are John Redhead, and I claim my five pounds.

--- End quote ---

JR would do a far better job on the avatar..

Fiend:
Epic bantz etc etc. When everyone is finished, it's a genuine question. These issues have come to the fore before with DFB etc, the current debacle shows people are concerned about some....frivolities. And I think many people also care about UKB being a cool and stably popular forum??

tomtom:
Really we need to hear from those who have left/no longer post....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version