UKBouldering.com

The Snip (Read 10072 times)

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
The Snip
May 04, 2016, 04:14:37 pm
So am booked in for the snip on Monday. Done all the relevant research etc but interested in anyone's experiences of having it done and more specifically the recovery time?

Cheers

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 Re: The Snip
May 04, 2016, 04:20:38 pm
Give it a week and supportive underwear and you'll be (cautiously) back on rock.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 04:41:17 pm by GCW »

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#2 Re: The Snip
May 04, 2016, 04:22:01 pm
I am the person for whom it didn't go smoothly* - since you sort of know me, you will be fine (Law of Averages, innit)

get some snug fitting underwear for the next few months/years to keep everything from jigging around

*still well worth it

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#3 Re: The Snip
May 04, 2016, 04:45:47 pm
Thanks chaps (sets off to the asda for y-fronts)...

Sorry to hear it didn't go so well for you Rob!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

tomtom

• forum hero
#4 Re: The Snip
May 04, 2016, 04:46:53 pm
I am the person for whom it didn't go smoothly* - since you sort of know me, you will be fine (Law of Averages, innit)

Did you borrow PaulB's lucky rabbits foot for the occasion?

rich d

• forum hero
#5 Re: The Snip
May 04, 2016, 05:23:29 pm
had it done on a Friday afternoon, felt fine afterwards a bit sore, Saturday and Sunday felt like I'd been kicked in the nuts, so laid on the sofa drinking beer, but pretty much OK by the time I had to go back to work on the Monday.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#6 Re: The Snip
May 04, 2016, 05:51:21 pm
had it done on a Friday afternoon, felt fine afterwards a bit sore, Saturday and Sunday felt like I'd been kicked in the nuts, so laid on the sofa drinking beer, but pretty much OK by the time I had to go back to work on the Monday.

Sounds like every weekend of my life...

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#7 Re: The Snip
May 04, 2016, 06:24:24 pm
My 'friend' is going tomorrow. I'll let you know how 'he' gets on...

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#8 Re: The Snip
May 04, 2016, 07:00:42 pm
Thanks chaps (sets off to the asda for y-fronts)...

Sorry to hear it didn't go so well for you Rob!

Jockey Modern Classic Cotton Briefs turned out to be a lot better than cheap stuff from Matalan and Asda - proper shape to them

everyone else I know has been fine within a few days

I've hidden the details below in case any of you men are easily dissuaded from doing the right thing

NSFW  :
the anesthetic didn't work as planned on me

took five goes to get it right

there's only one way you find out that it's not working - like what you'd imagine it feels like if someone cuts a nerve in you balls

I'm normally pretty good with coping with pain

by the fourth go, the nurse was holding my hands across my chest to stop me flinching too much, the surgeon was looking anxious and clearly trying quite hard to make me feel at ease

the prick of the needle is OK and when they inject the anesthetic it felt like someone squeezing progressively harder, with it taking full effect just before it hurt too much - well, the first time was - it hurt more each time they did it

the bruising and swelling over the next week was amazing

I think it was a couple of months till walking stopped feeling odd, and longer till jumping and landing stopped making me feel a bit sick

I still cannot wear loose fitting undies whilst doing anything more athletic than pottering round the house
I was most relieved when the first test sample indicated that the op had been a success

the itchiness of scrotum hair growing back was a bit weird

in Sheff, when I had mine done, they do the snips on Wednesdays - advising that you take annual leave on the Thurs and Fri and be OK for work on the Monday

andyd

• forum hero
#9 Re: The Snip
May 04, 2016, 07:09:37 pm
 :jaw: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
Why did this thread have to start today? :badidea:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#10 Re: The Snip
May 04, 2016, 07:31:55 pm
Your friend didn't have to read it  ;)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#11 Re: The Snip
May 04, 2016, 07:47:57 pm
I recently had an operation to correct a hydrocele.  I thought I'd ask for the snip at the same time - since they were having a firkle in the sack already, why not?

Was supposed to be back to normal after 10 days but everything got infected and took about 5 weeks for the main (about 4cm) scar to heal. Vasectomy scar on the non-hydrocele side also got infected. Everything hurt considerably.

It's now about 3 weeks later on and the twins are slowly starting to become less painful; I'm just hoping that this continues and I'm not left with long-term pain which seems to be surprisingly common despite what the surgeon told me.

With the benefit of hindsight I would have had the vasectomy done using the non-scalpel method where they commonly only seal one end of the cut vas rather than the trad method which I had where they secure both. Supposedly it has a better long term outcome.

webbo

• forum hero
#12 Re: The Snip
May 04, 2016, 08:48:35 pm
I had it done donkeys years ago, my GP used a private surgeon and his operating theatre looked very similar to a kitchen and the operating table looked like something you'd get in B & Q. Having said all that mine went well and I was able to go down the gym the next day.
I love that little thong thing you get to rest your balls in post op. The missus threw it away to stop me posing in it.

andyd

• forum hero
#13 Re: The Snip
May 04, 2016, 08:52:09 pm
Your friend didn't have to read it  ;)
Maybe he hasn't... :wavecry:

andyd

• forum hero
#14 Re: The Snip
May 04, 2016, 08:58:38 pm
I had it done donkeys years ago, my GP used a private surgeon and his operating theatre looked very similar to a kitchen and the operating table looked like something you'd get in B & Q. Having said all that mine went well and I was able to go down the gym the next day.
I love that little thong thing you get to rest your balls in post op. The missus threw it away to stop me posing in it.
I assisted on one on a ram last summer. We even got my then four year old daughter involved. One of the most bizarre things ever. The poor chap was sat on a plastic garden chair, out in the yard, with all four legs facing forward with his considerable swingers dangling below the chair. It looked like a simple plumbing job but I can't imagine what the young lad was thinking. In the long term though his fate was set as the first boy in the field every autumn!

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#15 Re: The Snip
May 04, 2016, 10:35:06 pm
I assisted on one on a ram last summer. We even got my then four year old daughter involved. One of the most bizarre things ever. The poor chap was sat on a plastic garden chair, out in the yard, with all four legs facing forward with his considerable swingers dangling below the chair. It looked like a simple plumbing job but I can't imagine what the young lad was thinking. In the long term though his fate was set as the first boy in the field every autumn!

Do you know how many times I reread that first sentence and failed to grasp it (convinced there was a typo); until I scanned the following lines and the context shoe dropped...

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#16 Re: The Snip
May 05, 2016, 06:20:17 am
Good luck Andy!!!! :popcorn:

andyd

• forum hero
#17 Re: The Snip
May 05, 2016, 03:16:43 pm

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#18 Re: The Snip
May 05, 2016, 03:20:42 pm

Do you know how many times I reread that first sentence and failed to grasp it (convinced there was a typo); until I scanned the following lines and the context shoe dropped...

You and me both!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#19 Re: The Snip
May 05, 2016, 03:33:01 pm
I still don't get it. Contender for UKB's weirdest post.

Poor Andy. A broken pinkie and only a bruised set o' spuds to look forward to.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#20 Re: The Snip
May 05, 2016, 03:43:02 pm
Might as well break a finger seeing the todger is out of action.

andyd

• forum hero
#21 Re: The Snip
May 05, 2016, 05:57:41 pm

I was on a farm. We did a vasectomy with the vet on a male sheep. He then excites the lady sheep. Then the real boys with the best genes get the lady sheep when they're at their most horny.
It's done. It went well. We talked about boats. I'm now self medicating.
Fatneck. Pm me if you need to ask anything

tomtom

• forum hero
#22 Re: The Snip
May 05, 2016, 06:21:48 pm

I was on a farm. We did a vasectomy with the vet on a male sheep. He then excites the lady sheep. Then the real boys with the best genes get the lady sheep when they're at their most horny.

Termed a teaser ram I believe.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#23 Re: The Snip
May 05, 2016, 07:03:41 pm

Gotcha. It was the bit about first in the field that I didn't follow.

webbo

• forum hero
#24 Re: The Snip
May 05, 2016, 07:10:17 pm
It certainly confused me I was beginning to think I'd been interfered with by a vet rather than had surgery.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal