UKBouldering.com

Anyone want a T5 camper? (Read 1904 times)

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
Anyone want a T5 camper?
April 15, 2016, 11:17:51 pm
I'm reluctantly selling my beloved T5 camper (Eddie) due to a change of circumstances. It's a 59 plate (registered September 2009) 1.9TDI (the best T5 engine without a doubt!) and has done just under 76000 miles (nothing for a T5). Bodywork is immaculate, it drives like a dream and will most probably most suit an active young family or the like... It's got a full service history from VW, the previous (PLC) owner (it was still in warranty when I bought it) and my local (awesome!!!) garage... Cam belt and water pump were replaced at 60000 miles, it's never skipped a beat and is without a doubt the best vehicle I've ever owned!

Specs are:
4 Berth VW T28 camper, custom conversion done by myself, Van Designs in Halifax, CMC in Cheshire and Bus Stop in Sheffield. Not off the shelf, pretty much custom designed to spec...
Austops pop top roof - totally bomb proof and fitted by the manufacturers themselves inc. roof bed and child net (basically so you can put little ones up there and not be worried they'll fall out in the night or while you're chilling outside or downstairs...
M1 Crash Tested Rock and Roll bed - I considered this essential when converting as have two kids and needed to ensure their safety... This is a serious bit of kit and is bolted right through the chassis and was professionally fitted by CMC in Cheshire.
M1 Crash Tested double front seat Swivel - Means you can have 5 passengers and also switch the seat round when parked up.
Waeco CR50 Fridge Freezer - Industry Standard and brilliant on euro road trips.
Leisure battery and split relay with cut off.
300W Inverter - Perfect for laptops, tablets or plug in speakers etc.
2 hob Smev sink and burner combo (slightly larger than the usual one you'll find in T5's so you can actually wash up! Runs on Camping Gaz (best for Euro trips as Calor isn't so easy to find) Gas drop out, massive water tank and grey water collection system.
Fiama bike rack (not pictured but included in sale).
Fold out table (not pictured).
JVC DAB stereo system inc. remote - great for chilling in the back and listening to tunes on the beach or in the mountains...
Custom lighting - Switchable from white to coloured, great for those chilled nights out, my kids love them too!
Full black out curtains (custom designed, again not your usual Van X or the like) and thermal windscreen covers.
Levelling chocks.
Fully carpeted and insulated (it's super warm and even without heating has seen us snug in even the most extreme conditions - think Scottish winter!!) with non-slip flooring.
Massive amount or storage - again as this was a completely custom conversion we decided that, for a family of 4, having the usual cupboard space just wasn't enough.
There's probably more but basically you need to see this vehicle to get an idea of how ace it is... It's only the 85bhp version and I toyed with the idea of a remap but after getting 700 miles out of a tank when fully loaded on a run to the alps a few years ago decide that I could do without the extra poke for that kind of saving!
It's never flinched at alpine passes and super steep gradients and you'll also notice it's not been overly blinged or made to look like a camper van... This means it's superb for "stealth" trips and in the 3 years I've had it have parked all over the country in all sorts of awesome spots and never once been moved on (try that in your autosleeper or Fiat Ducatto!!!)...

As it's the SWB version you can use it as your only vehicle (fits in a supermarket carpark space without trouble) and mileage around town is even ok!.

Basically if you want a solid, reliable, high spec, unique T5 camper that's gonna give you years of pleasure then look no further - I'm gutted that I need to sell it!!!

It's based in Sheffield and can be viewed pretty much anytime as I work from home.

It's on Fleabay right now for £19950 but I'm open to offers:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-T5-Camper-Van-Immaculate-condition-low-mileage-custom-conversion-/162039670619?hash=item25ba51275b

: D

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1 Re: Anyone want a T5 camper?
April 18, 2016, 09:26:28 am
I once went out to Burbage in this very van and can confirm it is quite nice!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal