UKBouldering.com

Rain proof crags in North/Mid Wales? (Read 3053 times)

joeisidle

• addict
Rain proof crags in North/Mid Wales?
April 05, 2016, 09:32:00 pm
I'm heading up to North Wales tomorrow evening for a long weekend and the weather looks utter shite - can anyone recommend rain proof/near rain proof crags in the North Wales area? Parisella's is too far north (we're staying an hour south of the pass and won't be travelling that far) but is there anywhere in the Pass/Ogwen/Tremadog region that may be worth a look? I'm aware of Carreg Hylldrem but that's it!

Cheers!

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
Near Hylldrem is Craig Y Llyn, which is worth a look.

http://www.northwalesbouldering.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=528

Here's a video from Owen climbing there in the rain, bring a towell to dry some of the top holds though.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I'm heading up to North Wales tomorrow evening for a long weekend and the weather looks utter shite - can anyone recommend rain proof/near rain proof crags in the North Wales area? Parisella's is too far north (we're staying an hour south of the pass and won't be travelling that far) but is there anywhere in the Pass/Ogwen/Tremadog region that may be worth a look? I'm aware of Carreg Hylldrem but that's it!

Cheers!

The forecast for Abersoch (Lleyn) looks good for Saturday - sunny all day after a bit of rain Friday night.  I'd prefer to drive another hour to a sunny dry Porth Ysgo than be crabbing back 'n forth at Hylldrem... just a thought. 

tomtom

• forum hero
I've the same ideas as FD - if weather is iffy, then often by the coast there is less rain - and things tend to dry much faster (windier) too..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal