the shizzle > MoonBoard

Moonboard - climbing by numbers or rather LED lights

<< < (38/41) > >>

petejh:

--- Quote from: Luke Owens on December 29, 2017, 01:51:58 pm ---
--- Quote from: remus on December 29, 2017, 01:46:28 pm ---Have you looked at the benchmark problems? Still a bit of a spread but generally decent problems. If you look for things with a lot of ascents they tend to be at the easier end of the scale.

--- End quote ---

I've checked out the benchmarks in the lower grades 6B+ - 6C+ and still thought the grades/quality were all over the shop.

I was after problems that people had done that they thought were good/about the right grade. A bit like an easier version of what someone had posted earlier in this thread about a list of good 7C's.

--- End quote ---

Just looking through my moonboard logbook (I'm that sad). Here's some 7As I've done that I noted as good and not either nails or 6C:

Gunshow
Rotto
ACG24
Attrezzo Di Tortura (I noted this as bottom end 7A or 6C+)
First Set: Pinch 'n' Inch (same comment as above)
CBS Trainer (same comment as above)

Punch Drunk - this is ace but I commented that I thought it felt 7B. Still one worth getting on as it's knacky not too burly.

Coops_13:
Had a couple of sessions on the moonboard now, further to the problems mentioned by Pete I'd recommend:
Pogo 7A
Magnum 7A
Hard Pull on Var 7A+
Borneo 7B

Oldmanmatt:
Anyone got the 10 original kickboard holds they want rid of?
Apparently you have to read the small print very carefully when you order from Moon...  :slap:

Nibile:
One of my best friends is going to mount a Moonboard in his new house. I'd better pull my finger out...
It's been ages since my last session. I used to do quite well on the yellow set, on average. Was poor on the white one, it was full of pinches.
Anyway, good times.
I'll probably start back from the low 6's...

Palomides:
bump...

It turns out that our club wall has a 25° surface thats just right for a Moonboard (there's a 40° surface next to it, but it's 60cm too short, and we don't really have the population for a 40° moonboard)

Anyone used the 25° setup much? Is it worth it?

Probably start with limited hold sets - maybe C and Original, maybe adding the wood set if it's popular. Might be an expensive experiment if not!

(and no, I'm not back climbing - asking for a friend etc etc  ;D )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version