UKBouldering.com

Maisonbleau Now Closed (Read 36482 times)

dave

#75 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 12, 2016, 12:00:51 pm
If you do go down the small claims route or similar then you want to start building up a log of all emails/correspondence etc and make sure you have copies of any contracts, documentation etc. Datestamped screengrabs of websites/facebook etc in case stuff disappears.

tomtom

• forum hero
#76 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 12, 2016, 12:05:00 pm

Regardless of whether there is legal liability or not, I think the point that Ferret makes is the most pertinent. It's a question of reputation. A brief glance at Neil's social media indicates he is still looking to make a living in the world of climbing and it would be beneficial to come out of this untarnished. Shit happens and if Neil is broke then he's broke, but if I was one of the out of pocket people I'd be much more inclined to move on if I'd had reasonable communication about the matter. Ignoring the emails of people who have lost their holiday money, after he has committed to reimbursing them, doesn't come across well, especially as it will make travel insurance claims more difficult if the insurer is aware that a promise of reimbursement is still hanging in the air.

He must have a twitter account surely?

Instagram - it's in one of the links above.

Durbs

• forum hero
#77 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 12, 2016, 12:10:15 pm
How much is a DJI Phantom and high quality video camera anyway?  :whistle:

Fadanoid

• addict
#78 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 12, 2016, 12:17:04 pm
Not much information regarding regarding how these transactions were carried out and if there is a company or individual that has taken the money. Additionally is this guy based in France or uk?

If you have dealt with a uk company or individual I would use this https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

It will cost you £60 and this is added to the final bill, and he'll get a ccj. If he's a serial business failure then I'd try to go after him rather than a ltd company.
You can even put down him and his company.

I used to use this for commercial debt until the law was changed and high court sheriff had their powers watered down.

If it's an overseas business then I don't think there is anything you can do without spending a fair bit.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#79 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 12, 2016, 08:15:48 pm
If it's closed will he not have just folded the company? N if it's ltd he'll owe no one anything.

I doubt that he was a limited company so the debts will stay with him.

Edit: Whoops, Shark has already said this, should have read the whole thread first.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#80 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 12, 2016, 08:28:16 pm
From the UKC Maisonbleau thread...

hi mark, thanks for the reply and thanks for the information! Hopefully the police/fraud department will get their act together soon. They have enough information from quite a few different parties to do something about this.
Makes no sense us posting angry comments on here (although inside I'm raging). I think all we can do is spread the word.... "What goes around" and all that. Thanks again for taking the time to post. Dan

Dan W

#81 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 12, 2016, 08:36:40 pm
Hi all, i know its late in the day but I'm another one who's been let down by the situation. Like LaurenG, I'm owed €375 from a cancelled holiday. I received a message from Neil saying the gite was closed and i would get a refund (a few DAYS before i was due to travel). I passed on my bank details for the refund nearly two months ago but have heard nothing since!! All payments were made to Neil himself at either neil@neilhart.info (paypal) or a First Direct UK bank account. I don't know where this stands us where the law is concerned but for me its not about the money (although i can't afford to loose €375), its the principle! Its none of my business whats happened to the guy and no doubt he's having a hard time, but to me there is no excuse for his behaviour towards us. To my knowledge, he owes nearly £2000 to various people and thats only the people I'm in contact with. Im not sure which way to turn really, i just hope somebody knows the guy and can make him aware that the situation isn't just going to disappear.

Dan W

#82 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 12, 2016, 09:50:03 pm
Hopefully one of Neils friends will see this and tell him to sort it out before he winds up looking like a proper tool.
Neil's had a few climbing related businesses, if he wants to have more in the future making sure your not labeled "that guy that ripped off a bunch of climbers holiday money" might be worthwhile. Small community and all that, besides right thing to do no?

Thumbs up to this comment ferret

Fadanoid

• addict
#83 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 12, 2016, 09:54:52 pm

hi mark, thanks for the reply and thanks for the information! Hopefully the police/fraud department will get their act together soon. They have enough information from quite a few different parties to do something about this.
Makes no sense us posting angry comments on here (although inside I'm raging). I think all we can do is spread the word.... "What goes around" and all that. Thanks again for taking the time to post. Dan

It's a civil matter, and the police will not get involved unless the total amount is over £5000, then it falls into a serious fraud category which is an arrestable offence.
I need to get the wife's law books out to check that but they're boxed up from when she did her dc exams.

Dan W

#84 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 12, 2016, 10:20:49 pm

It's a civil matter, and the police will not get involved unless the total amount is over £5000, then it falls into a serious fraud category which is an arrestable offence.
I need to get the wife's law books out to check that but they're boxed up from when she did her dc exams.

I appreciate the knowledge. I know nothing about this sort of thing at all. When i spoke to the police, they put me in touch with the fraud department, who then directed me to a generic fraud form. They also suggested that if i know anybody else affected, to suggest they also fill out the same form. I didnt expect much return from the police but needed to do something! Thank you for your time. Dan

cha1n

• forum hero
#85 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 12, 2016, 10:45:45 pm
Was he running it on his own or with his partner? I seem to remember from his 'dose' videos that he had a family in the videos with him occasionally... Not really sure if the relevance, but I'm trying to visualise why he'd do this. Personally for me it'd be trying to drop someone else in the shit or I'd been given several months to live. Well, or I was skint but judging by the quantities that are owed it seems like he was probably covering the mortgage!

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#86 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 12, 2016, 11:51:42 pm
Hi all, I finally managed to get back on to this site after years of not being on here

So let's sort this, for all the time I have owned Maisonbleau I have kept my personal life separate to my business and I hope you all respect this fact. Hence why I won't reply to messages on social media, as this life is completely separate to any business I might own

People who are owed a refund will be paid back in full as soon as I earn the money. My true friends know all this already but people who don't know best keep there noises out as they know nothing. If anyone has any issues please email me at neil@neilhart.info
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:17:14 pm by shark, Reason: This post has been edited due to a complaint »

orc

• Bell's Palsy's a Bitch
#87 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 13, 2016, 12:15:12 am
As a very close friend of Neil I find all of this disparagement quite astonishing. Neil is one of the most kind-hearted and generous people I know, and he has gone out of his way to help so many people in so many ways.
Neil is currently living in the loft of my tiny house and is eating my food. He's doing anything he can to earn enough money to just make ends meet. He barely even gets to see his son and in all honesty is in a pretty dark place at the moment. I know first hand how sorry he feels about the situation with refunds, but it's out of his hands. He had no intention of ripping anyone off and I know he will do everything he can to make things right in time, but for now his priorities lie elsewhere.
I personally think that he should be left alone on social media, as the proliferation of slanderous comments is last thing he needs. There's nothing like kicking a man when he's down.

dave

#88 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 13, 2016, 08:08:11 am
Welcome back Neil, glad you remembered you username.*

I think all this shows that a bit of communication goes a long way.

*Footnote to thinskinned karma blowhards - this isn't sarcasm. This is a reference to an Adam Lincoln post earlier in the thread. Do me a favour and read the fucking thread before sounding off. Given the main problem here has been lack of communication.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:35:20 am by dave »

markwellin

#89 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 13, 2016, 08:22:44 am
Neil,
As the accounts were closed by your wife, can we assume she was an official part of the business entity? Also, as she controlled the accounts can we assume she has the money owed? Therefor she is the one committing fraud by withholding funds without providing the service. Is there a contact for her?

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#90 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 13, 2016, 08:56:34 am
Neil has posted here and given his email, to which anyone can write to have their doubts cleared. Please use the email. I think this issue has been made public enough.
The aim of this thread was to let customers know that Maisonbleau is closed and also to give a call to Neil. Now he's answered, there's no need to take private legal issues on here.

tomtom

• forum hero
#91 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 13, 2016, 09:02:13 am
Neil has posted here and given his email, to which anyone can write to have their doubts cleared. Please use the email. I think this issue has been made public enough.
The aim of this thread was to let customers know that Maisonbleau is closed and also to give a call to Neil. Now he's answered, there's no need to take private legal issues on here.

Absolutely...

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#92 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 13, 2016, 09:06:14 am
Lock?

Airing personal hardships and heartache should be an individual choice.
A contact has been provided, an explanation advanced; there would seem more appropriate routes to resolution now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
#93 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 13, 2016, 09:06:37 am
Welcome back Neil, glad you remembered you username.*

I think all this shows that a bit of communication goes a long way.

*Footnote to thinskinned karma blowhards - this isn't sarcasm. This is a reference to an Adam Lincoln post earlier in the thread. Do me a favour and read the fucking thread before sounding off. Given the main problem here has been lack of communication.

I have followed the thread, closely and found the whole thing intrusive, judgemental and priggish. The main problem has not been a lack of communication it's been a man's life falling apart. The "Glad you found your username" quip was just that a laugh at the expense of someone clearly in distress.
I'll post this here and PM Shark and Bubba: I Don't think the attitude you have shown here is commensurate with your position  as a moderator.

tomtom

• forum hero
#94 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 13, 2016, 09:14:51 am
Can someone lock this please - before it starts getting judgemental on the judgementalism.

dave

#95 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 13, 2016, 09:29:20 am
The main problem has not been a lack of communication it's been a man's life falling apart.

Bollocks, this thread came about from people posting up about having bookings cancelled then not being able to get hold of Neil. That's lack of communication. As people have been keen to stress, this isn't about a discussion about "a man's life falling apart" - nobody has sought details of his personal life. You referring to it as "a man's life falling apart" is probably as insensitive as anything else on here. I Don't think the attitude you have shown here is commensurate with your position a member of this community.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:50:05 am by dave »

old cheese

• obsessive maniac
  • does my arse look big in this
#96 Re: Maisonbleau Now Closed
May 13, 2016, 09:38:28 am
I fully agree that this should be log piled, especially as Neil has supplied an alternative place to communicate with him. I wish him the best.

This has sadly overshadowed my post (2 down) asking for Zillertal advice.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal