UKBouldering.com

Font POI Files? (Read 3766 times)

Paul B

• forum hero
Font POI Files?
March 16, 2016, 05:26:02 pm
I've had a quick look on the Wiki (apologies if I've missed something slackers  :tease:), however, I've failed to see the up to date beta on POI files for Font?

I'll be using NavMi Free I'd imagine (or GMaps). What's the best solution these days? In the past, these have saved me from so many arguments that I can't imagine going without them (it won't end well).

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Font POI Files?
March 16, 2016, 07:28:38 pm
I've had a quick look on the Wiki (apologies if I've missed something slackers  :tease:), however, I've failed to see the up to date beta on POI files for Font?

I'll be using NavMi Free I'd imagine (or GMaps). What's the best solution these days? In the past, these have saved me from so many arguments that I can't imagine going without them (it won't end well).

Last thread to be active in this sub-forum (prior to this post) details collating them all in GeoJSON format on GitHub (EDIT : I've now stuck a GPX version up there too, this will load straight into OSMAnd unlike the GeoJSON).

You can download the GeoJSON format and then use GeoJSONtoCSV to convert to CSV.  The same site has links to convert CSV to KML which seems to be necessary to then convert on to POI and other formats.

If you use OSMAnd+ for your PRoW then you can consolidate PRoW/bouldering POIs/navigation/tracking your route in one application.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 07:39:02 pm by slackline »

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal