UKBouldering.com

Padless Applecross/Torridon Bouldering (Read 1823 times)

csl

• junky
Padless Applecross/Torridon Bouldering
February 29, 2016, 07:18:24 pm
I'm off to Applecross over the easter weekend - sadly I'm flying to Inverness so can't take any pads with me.

Can anyone recommend an area I can quickly whip round sans pad? Perhaps a reasonable circuit of stuff up to V3 or so. I was thinking the Jumble @ torridon, although from the looks of this photo the ground might be squishy enough to not bother with pads.. http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=2860#photos

Anything close(ish) to the road would be good as I'll have a non-climbing GF in tow.

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
#1 Re: Padless Applecross/Torridon Bouldering
February 29, 2016, 07:40:18 pm
Torridon jumble has the highest concentration of problems, mostly within a 5-15min walk from the car.  Only issue sans pad is that a fair bit of the ground is boggy so keeping shoes dry could be an issue. Saying that, if you hunt around you'd find plenty of suitable options.

Applecross boulders are more spread out but you'd find planty to do.  Again, boggy ground would most likely be an issue.

What are your travel arrangements? Are you hiring a car?  I live not far off the road you'd most likely take from Inverness to Applecross/Torridon (near Contin) and could lend you a pad.  Drop me a PM if you fancy.

csl

• junky
#2 Re: Padless Applecross/Torridon Bouldering
February 29, 2016, 08:00:10 pm
Oh awesome, the Jumble sounds perfect then.

Yep, I'm hiring a car. Thats a very kind offer which i'd love to take up if possible, I'll PM you!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3 Re: Padless Applecross/Torridon Bouldering
February 29, 2016, 11:32:11 pm
Definitely head for the Torridon Jumble. Even if hookup with Gaz doesn't work out there's plenty of lowball / easy stuff, and likely to be other folk there with pads.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal