UKBouldering.com

Motorbike pr0n (Read 133918 times)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Motorbike pr0n
February 29, 2016, 12:22:17 pm
In order to stop polluting the YYFY thread ( :sorry:) I've started this one, to share pics of people's real or dream bikes, current projects and elbow-dragging action.
I've mounted my new rearsets. Shame it hasn't stopped raining since last Wednesday. Things are getting really nice, next it will be CNC machined Ergal top steering plate, aeronautic brakes tubes, slimmed down fuel tank. Not climbing on rock anymore, not driving miles to do the umpteenth lap on a boulder, where would I throw money otherwise?
 :devangel:

pedane4 by Nibile, on Flickr

pedane3 by Nibile, on Flickr

pedane2 by Nibile, on Flickr

pedane by Nibile, on Flickr

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#1 Re: Motorbike pr0n
March 01, 2016, 12:53:36 pm
Nice looking machine,  :beer2:
and I'm guessing, quite light. I've been considering getting another bike myself.

I'd always dreamt of scratching my way through the Peak, to Crag X, with rockboots and chalk bag, having a boulder, and thrashing back. In reality, the bouldering never happened  ;D

Are you a single guy Lore? Looks like a Rotax

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#2 Re: Motorbike pr0n
March 02, 2016, 02:49:17 pm
I have actually a girlfriend Dave, but as we all know, we are all single when riding our bikes.
 8)
It's - was - a 1999 Suzuki SV 650 S. Carburetors.
As you see, I am after look and not performance, the original engine makes 76 HP and, despite being laughed at by most people, they are more than enough for me. Each time I go riding I try to be smooth and always have a perfect body positioning. The exact opposite of what I look for in my climbing.

Get a new bike!
Cheers for your comment!

Baron

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: Motorbike pr0n
April 20, 2016, 07:15:02 pm
I'm considering my first bike, mainly for the commute initially with the odd weekend ride chucked in.
Learnt to ride with my history teacher when I was 15.
My total experience since then is a ride on the back of a CBR750 in 1993 and that's it.

Models I've looked at include:
CBF125
CBR125
CG125
YBR125
KTM duke 125

I'm thinking CG125 for a while, then CBR300, which is only a little more than the 125.

Looking for advice on helmet/gloves/jacket/pants too.

Evil

• addict
#4 Re: Motorbike pr0n
April 22, 2016, 01:26:54 pm
Here's the only bike I've ever owned. I actually got rid of it a few years ago now, but have recently been thinking I really want a bike again, so this thread is nicely timed. My bike was a ZR250 grey import which was never actually sold in the UK, and thus made me hated intensely by any bike garage I visited. It finally got too unreliable and hated by mechanics everywhere, and I wasn't using it much, so I got rid of it. It was a super fun little bike though, crazy high revving - made a good noise  :punk:

Dave Mayes

• regular
#5 Re: Motorbike pr0n
April 22, 2016, 06:11:38 pm
YBR125

I had a ybr125 for a few years, the thing was perfect. Never heard anyone say a bad word about them.

Only problem was the stock tyres, which you can change for michelines. Actually it had leaky fork seals aswell from imperfections in the metal of the forks, not a big problem.

Still, it was a great bike. Did 80 downhill with the wind behind you...

Looking for advice on helmet/gloves/jacket/pants too.

If you're Sheffield based, I got some cheap 2nd hand leathers from a place on Broadfield Rd, near Richtone Music.

Baron

• obsessive maniac
#6 Re: Motorbike pr0n
April 23, 2016, 08:37:44 am
YBR looks perfect for what I want initially - cheap, good mpg and won't kill me.

Yes, I'm in Sheffield and will check out the place on Broadfield Rd.

Thanks.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#7 Re: Motorbike pr0n
April 25, 2016, 03:32:01 pm
The YBR is a lovely bike indeed. I would buy one if I hadn't already two bikes...

The Kawa looked good!

nik at work

• forum hero
#8 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 02, 2016, 12:52:34 pm
Practice week is here. A few days ago I repaired Michael Rutgers fuel tank and today it was John McGuiness's turn for some fuel tank mods.
This is his superbike sans seat and fuel tank:
https://flic.kr/p/HE6NcK

I'll get you some more photos over the coming week Nibs.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#9 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 02, 2016, 01:36:53 pm
So psyched about the TT, lucky bastard!
I think this year I could watch it in streaming!
Saw McGuinness Honda at a bike show last January, beautiful machine. They had cleverly left it uncleaned, so it was full of splashed mosquitos, grass and oil. Marvel. The hyper-reinforced swingarm was a work of art.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#10 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 02, 2016, 01:41:16 pm
On a completely different level, with the help of my mechanic I finally mounted the new front brake pump, brake oil tank and aero brake tubes on my bike. The devil is in the details.

steveri

• forum abuser
  • More average than you
    • Some poor pictures
#11 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 02, 2016, 02:40:58 pm
After a couple of Honda step-throughs in my youth I've developed a dirty fascination with 'Custom Cubs'...

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#12 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 02, 2016, 03:09:49 pm
 :punk:

nik at work

• forum hero
#13 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 02, 2016, 06:40:00 pm
Saw McGuinness Honda at a bike show last January, beautiful machine. They had cleverly left it uncleaned, so it was full of splashed mosquitos, grass and oil. Marvel. The hyper-reinforced swingarm was a work of art.
My McGuinness claim to fame is last year the night before the senior race I was welding up and modifying his damaged radiator. No radiator, no race. We got it fixed and he went on to win BOOM!!
It's actually pretty surprising how minimally the teams travel, I mean McGuiness is an A-list rider and in one of the biggest teams at the TT and yet for two bikes they only bring one spare radiator!! We're not complaining though, we get plenty of work from it...
Saw a Vyrus today, a spectacular looking thing, sadly it was broken down at the side of the road with an iratre owner which sort of spoilt the image.

YBR looks perfect for what I want initially - cheap, good mpg and won't kill me.
I've got a YBR, nice bike, comfy, easy to ride, reliable and simple. There's a reason every riding school in the world seems to use them as the go to learner. Probably about to upgrade to a Hornet shortly (and I have plans for customisation...)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#14 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 02, 2016, 06:43:03 pm
I'm pretty sure our Crossfit loving Mark S's father or grandfather in law has won one of the TT races.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#15 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 02, 2016, 06:52:35 pm

My bike.  Victory Hammer S..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nik at work

• forum hero
#16 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 02, 2016, 06:58:14 pm
Rear Wheel :o

What a beast!!

a dense loner

• forum hero
#17 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 02, 2016, 07:32:33 pm
I'm pretty sure our Crossfit loving Mark S's father or grandfather in law has won one of the TT races.
Now that's a mans sport!

That bike looks amazing FD!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#18 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 02, 2016, 11:23:16 pm
Rear Wheel :o

What a beast!!

250mm rear wheel
1800cc, 97hp, 115lbs of torque, 106 cubic inch twin.  Belt drive.

It is a bit beastly....  Off the road at the minute as the electrics are a bit borked and the battery keep draining.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#19 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 02, 2016, 11:24:35 pm
Great welding stories Nik.  I bet it's brilliant doing that and seeing your work win a race!

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#20 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 03, 2016, 03:06:50 am
Practice week is here. A few days ago I repaired Michael Rutgers fuel tank and today it was John McGuiness's turn for some fuel tank mods.
This is his superbike sans seat and fuel tank:
https://flic.kr/p/HE6NcK

I'll get you some more photos over the coming week Nibs.

Some great anecdotal stuff there Nik  :2thumbsup:

Here are a few shots with some historical relevance perhaps.

This was my TZR 250. Caldwell Park, about '92 for some production 250 racing. This bike features in Moffatt's book Revelations. It's the "TZ 250 race bike" which was stolen. I'd swapped it with Jerry for his van, arranging for him to come over and pick the bike up from my alley on another day. I had to nag him a bit. A couple of days later, I got back home, and the bike had gone. I thanked him when I saw him next, at the Foundry, and his jaw hit the floor. It had been nicked!

Anything McGuiness can do.. This is the same bike, sans a bit more than the fuel tank. I'd highsided out of the hairpin (broken chain). Got it back together for the second race later, in the p'ing rain, for a signature on my novice licence.

Anyone know who this is? Bubba on his trusty FZR, outside my place. Again, about 92. Brings back some great memories! Hope that's OK Bubba  ;D

Talking of which, I'd love another of these! Kawa KR1S. Bloody lovely little bike. Seem to be getting quite hard to find.

Hope you like those  ;D

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#21 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 03, 2016, 09:07:41 am
There was a Ducati Panigale parked in front of my office the other day. I win.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#22 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 03, 2016, 09:50:04 am
Great stories and pics everyone!

nik at work

• forum hero
#23 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 03, 2016, 10:00:35 am
Great welding stories Nik.  I bet it's brilliant doing that and seeing your work win a race!
It certainly is. Although I recognise my input is negligible and it's more a case of "only option" rather than "best option" when these bikes come through the door...

mark s

• junky
#24 Re: Motorbike pr0n
June 03, 2016, 11:11:45 am

Can you post the pic of him please Ben as I don't know how do it.

It is my father in law. He raced there 75 and 76 .
He said in 75 he was in a race something like new comers and he said it was really foggy and people were going very slow so he kept giving it the right hand. Until everyone was going slow .turned out the race was stopped like he thought and said he would have got a podium.
76 he rode a tz750 for a lap.I asked him how quick did it go. No speedo so didn't know but guesses 180+ . Told me about going flat out on it tucked in and the front wheel came up. All he could see was sky . His answer to it was keep full throttle and hope it was pointing in the right direction. Lucky for him it was. Said he clipped a wall once and gave him a tank slapper but kept the throttle open.

He also did track racing and held the track record on the club circuit for a place I can't remember . He spoke about joey Dunlop and this aura of his name and said when he first met him he came over to race at a race he was in. Cadwell I think it was. Said he was a scruffy fucker with shit teeth. Dave beat him.
He raced against lots of big names and said lost a lot of mates

He still works on bikes and a few weeks ago I heard a two stroke at a bike garage near by . It sounded awesome. Then it was coming down the street. Dave was riding it in overalls and no helmet. This is right next to the police station in leek.
Him and another are building it for track racing .his mate will race it not him.
the following day they took it to morridge. A long straight ridge road near the roaches. Put it on a trailer and gave it a test. He blew it up and has to rebuild it.

I worked with a bloke who knew him as youngsters. He said on a bike no one was anywhere near as quick. Lots of people challenged him but no one could touch him.  He still wired wrong now. Never a normal bloke in a million years

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal