UKBouldering.com

Careers/Jobs that will let me go on extended trips!! (Read 15503 times)

Duma

• forum hero
You considered moving back home/is it an option Ben? Rent/bills are a big chunk every month.

J.Kydd

• player
It's grizzly work, but working in an abattoir is well paid and always in need of work.
Friend of mine works for 2-sisters food corp and regularly has to visit their Merthyr plant. The team who de-bone the carcasses get paid £1000 a week.

He knows a guy there who has been using it as a means of saving for travelling for over 10 years now.

Gnarly work, but if you can stomach it......   

Mumra

JohnM

• junky
Dear God, an abattoir!  Makes me realise maybe I am not that obsessed with climbing some of the shit jobs people will do so they can go climbing more!

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre

Dear God, an abattoir!  Makes me realise maybe I am not that obsessed with climbing some of the shit jobs people will do so they can go climbing more!

Bitd, it was bin-man in Swiss; is that still happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
It's grizzly work, but working in an abattoir is well paid and always in need of work.
Friend of mine works for 2-sisters food corp and regularly has to visit their Merthyr plant. The team who de-bone the carcasses get paid £1000 a week.

He knows a guy there who has been using it as a means of saving for travelling for over 10 years now.

Yeah you can make a killing in that business.

Drug trials is an alternative safe way of making money....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35337671

webbo

• forum hero
Sometimes you have to do shit jobs to live never mind save for trips.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35337671

I once worked with a lad of 27, who had bought his Mum and both sisters houses, working as a blaster in hard rock mines across the Americas (and Cornwall, oddly).

When we met he'd settled down for a safe Government job.

In a very active war zone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnM

• junky

I got paid £1200 quid to go to India for 2 weeks to trial an anti-diarrhea drug once.  The drug was administered like a nicotine patch except they agitated the skin first before applying the patch.  I removed the patch though as soon as I left the building (in the UK).  I was glad I removed it as I met other people in Goa on the same trial and they had horrible red boils on their skin that led to permanent scarring.  I had to fill in a poo diary and stay within an hour of a poo courier who would collect my poo on a moped.  However, I wanted to go to Hampi so I broke all the rules.  I "water damaged" the mobile phone they gave me and filled my poo cool box in the same BM and delivered it all at once at the end.  Was great as I only spent £400 quid and came back in profit. 

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I removed the patch though as soon as I left the building (in the UK).
I wanted to go to Hampi so I broke all the rules.  I "water damaged" the mobile phone they gave me and filled my poo cool box in the same BM and delivered it all at once at the end. 

::) :no:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
 :off:
Habrich how easy is it to get a working visa in canada?

tomtom

• forum hero

I got paid £1200 quid to go to India for 2 weeks to trial an anti-diarrhea drug once.  The drug was administered like a nicotine patch except they agitated the skin first before applying the patch.  I removed the patch though as soon as I left the building (in the UK).  I was glad I removed it as I met other people in Goa on the same trial and they had horrible red boils on their skin that led to permanent scarring.  I had to fill in a poo diary and stay within an hour of a poo courier who would collect my poo on a moped.  However, I wanted to go to Hampi so I broke all the rules.  I "water damaged" the mobile phone they gave me and filled my poo cool box in the same BM and delivered it all at once at the end.  Was great as I only spent £400 quid and came back in profit.

Brilliant :)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero

Brilliant :)

And this is why you can't trust "Scientific" research, follow the flying Spaghetti Moster! Only he knows the true way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SA Chris

• forum hero

Where's that tumbleweed icon :(

SA Chris

• forum hero
I think with it being commonwealth a temporary work visa isn't that hard to get, judging by the amount of Brits and Aussies working at Whistler.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
:off:
Habrich how easy is it to get a working visa in canada?

Considered finding work and getting the company to sponsor your visa?

I had this when I went to Oz and the people employing me were obliged, as part of the visa, to pay for my travel (and my partner) there and back (although I had to push them to pay for the return flights and point out to them that its clearly stated in the terms of the visa).

petejh

• forum hero
It's easy to get the first Canadian work visa and you should be able to stay on by renewing while out there provided you've found an employer willing to sponsor you. That's what I did for 4 years: initially went out on a BUNAC student visa - loophole in it allows non-students up to 30 years old to apply - then kept renewing the work visa via my employer by crossing into the US and back.
Just don't do what I did and ditch sensible forward-thinking, buying a house, getting settled with a partner and then losing both (due to losing job close to the end of visa expiry with not enough time to organise a new employer/visa and thus not being able to return anytime soon)..

a dense loner

• forum hero
So that's why you're so bitter!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal