UKBouldering.com

2-in-1 tablets / tiny laptops. (Read 1609 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
2-in-1 tablets / tiny laptops.
January 28, 2016, 10:47:50 pm
Thinking of getting such a thing for browsing / emailing / dicking around (maybe basic photo tweaking / video watching) whilst away from civilisation (but hopefully not too far away from wifi). The slight catch is I need a keyboard as both my fingers and my brain hate touchscreen typing with a passion (don't try to dissuade me otherwise). So I've been looking at either a tablet with keyboard attachment / case, or the smallest integrated laptops, around £250. Such as:

Asus Flip Chromebook - perfect size, very neat and well finished. Currently top contender but I have concerns about the OS's offline functionality, despite this

Asus Transform - Win10 so a bit more familiar, good keyboard etc, but bulky / clunky in comparison.

Samsung Galaxy + keyboard case - well reputed model, plenty of choice, but cases aren't very elegant, and tablet lacks usb ports.

Thoughts??

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: 2-in-1 tablets / tiny laptops.
January 28, 2016, 11:10:02 pm
You can get some great hardware for brilliant prices in Chinese tablets. I was looking at the windows 10 cube i7 stylus. It has a core m processor and a real ssd so more ultrabook specs than the usual cheap tablets. You can also buy a keyboard and wacom stylus seperatly to give a complete package. Can be bought from EU warehouses to avoid customs charges for around £250 (stylus and keyboard extra).

For some good reviews of Chinese tablets take a look at www.techtablets.com.

Usual caveats apply when buying Chinese tech that you need to be generally tech savvy as if things go wrong the support is generally non existent...

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: 2-in-1 tablets / tiny laptops.
January 29, 2016, 07:26:39 am
If you only need the keyboard every now and then - then get a near full sized bluetooth keyboard and any tablet..

dave

#3 Re: 2-in-1 tablets / tiny laptops.
January 29, 2016, 08:44:31 am
Get any decent tablet and a bluetooth keyboard.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal