UKBouldering.com

european breakdown cover (Read 1951 times)

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
european breakdown cover
January 11, 2016, 02:03:54 pm
Anyone got any good suggestions.

last year I had a very mixed experience with the RAC, yes they put us up in a hotel in Nemours for a week, yes they towed the van, took it in to the garage twice. BUT the cover only covered one breakdown and the trip was supposed to last a few months. It seemed to be a clause that we hadn't anticipated, I had thought it would cover us for more breakdowns, not that I imagined that necessarily.

Reprobate_Rob

• menacing presence
#1 Re: european breakdown cover
January 11, 2016, 03:10:33 pm
Can't comment on the clauses and such, or personal experience of the service in the event of breakdown, but based on the reviews below (including those who have had to call them out), and the price (and that the AA seemed to have doubled their prices), I went with QDOS for our last euro trip.
http://www.reviews.co.uk/company-reviews/store/qdos-breakdown

Dave Mayes

• regular
#2 Re: european breakdown cover
January 11, 2016, 03:50:42 pm
Don't know how good they are yet (haven't tested them thankfully!) but I've had to get some long term cover from a German company called ADAC - apparently covers you in mainland europe and the UK through the AA, and cost about a third of what everyone else was asking. You just have to ring up and ask if they sprechen zie English and go from there. Online reviews seemed to favour them aswell.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#3 Re: european breakdown cover
January 11, 2016, 04:07:08 pm
Don't know how good they are yet (haven't tested them thankfully!) but I've had to get some long term cover from a German company called ADAC - apparently covers you in mainland europe and the UK through the AA, and cost about a third of what everyone else was asking. You just have to ring up and ask if they sprechen zie English and go from there. Online reviews seemed to favour them aswell.

Sounded interesting so I thought I'd look it up.

Might be different if you phone and speak to someone but...

Using the links below to acquire ADAC membership requires that your place of residence is in Germany.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal