UKBouldering.com

Jawbreaker at Porth Ysgo hold missing (Read 1295 times)

crazy climbing pete

• regular
    • ChedelaBloc
Jawbreaker at Porth Ysgo hold missing
January 06, 2016, 10:46:54 am
Don't know when this happened, i suspect during the last storms but i haven't been to Ysgo since July 2014. Went down yesterday and there's a HUGE block been shifted off the top of Jawbreaker. Any know any more? Was just a bit surprised. Doesn't affect the problem (if anything, made the topout slightly easier) but just thought i'd see if anyone knew any more than myself.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#1 Re: Jawbreaker at Porth Ysgo hold missing
January 06, 2016, 11:00:45 am
Get a pic?

crazy climbing pete

• regular
    • ChedelaBloc
#2 Re: Jawbreaker at Porth Ysgo hold missing
January 06, 2016, 12:24:56 pm
argh, struggling to upload. got a pic of the old one to show you which block but didn't was kinda chased away by the sea. I'll do what i can later today

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
#3 Re: Jawbreaker at Porth Ysgo hold missing
January 06, 2016, 12:43:02 pm
So all the edges on the problem are still the same? I always thought the rounded top out was a bit of a mantel.

Wouldn't suprise me if a lot had shifted there after the recent storms, hopefully the start of Popcorn Party isn't blocked again...

crazy climbing pete

• regular
    • ChedelaBloc
#4 Re: Jawbreaker at Porth Ysgo hold missing
January 06, 2016, 01:01:39 pm
Holds and moves are the same, it's the block up and left. Last time, i was being a punter and ended up trying to mantle into it. This time, my beached-whale topout worked a touch better.

Popcorn Party was practically unchanged from my last trip and went from the letterbox start with relative ease (still a bit tight). The only other one we tried was Fast Cars and could easily reach the slopey ledge on the right from the floor

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal