UKBouldering.com

Jam Crack (Read 78285 times)

petekitso

• player
#175 Re: Jam Crack
August 13, 2019, 12:28:35 pm
PS, whover referred to my 'producer', thank you, that made me laugh.

I imagined a bitter row between 'the producer', 'the director', 'the arts director' and a couple of 'production assistants' going on for hours before the 'commissioning editor' and even the 'director of programming' had to intervene.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#176 Re: Jam Crack
August 13, 2019, 01:39:29 pm
Executive director always has the final say.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#177 Re: Jam Crack
March 01, 2021, 12:45:53 pm
There's been a few good ones lately, but I thought Jude Spancken's was particularly important. It should be placed in a glass case in the Foundry with a sign saying "Break Glass in the event of a first-time climber asking about a Lattice training plan". When this happens, if it hasn't already, somebody will get it out and play it as an emergency broadcast, overriding all TVs, radios, and tannoys in the country. Everyone will stop to listen. It will be like a scene from a film where society has collapsed and people are fighting and killing each other in the street. In the middle of all the carnage, a child starts to sing, the adults hear, and they look down at the monsters they have become.

http://www.niallgrimes.com/jam-crack-climbing-podcast/2021/2/16/jcpc-095-jude-spancken

Also. Since Niall is now doing Zoom interviews, it seems like there's no good reason left to not do an Andy Popp Jam Crack  :jab:

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#178 Re: Jam Crack
March 01, 2021, 02:44:50 pm
Couldn't agree more Will!
This ranks up there as one of the best ones definitely.
I think she hit the mark on the more lyrical side of climbing, or maybe I think that because I can't stand fingerboarding!
I particularly liked the Jim Pope one and Ryan's...

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#179 Re: Jam Crack
October 15, 2021, 07:43:05 am
Yo, Grimer. Nice one getting past the 100barrier!

I've listened to most of you ramblings, and enjoyed the majority. However, wtf is it with signing off with C.U.N.T. its just so puerile and pointless, and really just leaves me feeling like it's be soured at the last moment. I'm not sure how strong your female listernership, but signing off with a not so subtle reference to female body bits is just, well, shite.

It's not even remotely humorous, you see you next Tuesday.

Otherwise, keep up the great entertainment.

wasbeen

• menacing presence
#180 Re: Jam Crack
October 15, 2021, 10:00:18 am
I've listened to most of you ramblings, and enjoyed the majority. However, wtf is it with signing off with C.U.N.T. its just so puerile and pointless, and really just leaves me feeling like it's be soured at the last moment. I'm not sure how strong your female listernership, but signing off with a not so subtle reference to female body bits is just, well, shite.

Fair but sanctimonious point.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#181 Re: Jam Crack
October 15, 2021, 11:04:40 am

Fair but sanctimonious point.

Oh, the most  :wank:  ;D

grimer

• forum hero
#182 Re: Jam Crack
October 28, 2021, 09:14:46 am
Hmmm. Just been put on to this.

See you next Tuesday was something I picked up off Lady Gaga, whom I really like and which I really liked.

It seemed to fit Jam Crack. It seemed sufficiently divorced from the c-word to me so as not to be offensive. And anyway, the podcast is a little sweary. No one has said to me before that it was inappropriate.

However if it offends people i will stop it.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#183 Re: Jam Crack
October 28, 2021, 09:54:09 am
puerile and pointless

Maybe Grimer could ask around some of his lady friends and see if it bothers them.

I quite like things that are puerile. See you next Tuesday never bothered me in the slightest, but I'm male.

petekitso

• player
#184 Re: Jam Crack
October 28, 2021, 12:43:53 pm
It's my favourite part - the only reason I listen right to the end . . .

Just asked my wife (40s) & daughter (16) and neither found it offensive. They saw it as a childish reference to a swearword rather than a reference to their genitals. Sample size of 2 of course but there you go.

(I don't care what he says at the end as long as he keeps pumping them out)

colin8ll

• regular
#185 Re: Jam Crack
October 28, 2021, 01:45:09 pm
 There's an episode where he discusses the sign off. Something like, he heard Lady Gaga using it, thought she was cool and it was funny and decided to copy.

Still, probably time for a change. I'm sure the UKB hive mind could crowd source him a more fitting replacement.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#186 Re: Jam Crack
October 28, 2021, 02:11:32 pm
Hmmm. Just been put on to this.

See you next Tuesday was something I picked up off Lady Gaga, whom I really like and which I really liked.

It seemed to fit Jam Crack. It seemed sufficiently divorced from the c-word to me so as not to be offensive. And anyway, the podcast is a little sweary. No one has said to me before that it was inappropriate.

However if it offends people i will stop it.

And - and I may be mis-remembering here - wasn't Jamcrack originally meant to come out every Tuesday, or every other Tuesday?

remus

• forum hero
#187 Re: Jam Crack
October 28, 2021, 02:43:28 pm
Still, probably time for a change. I'm sure the UKB hive mind could crowd source him a more fitting replacement.

My suggestion would be "There we are then".

p.s. I've got the humour of a 5 year old and see you next tuesday makes me giggle every time.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#188 Re: Jam Crack
October 28, 2021, 02:59:50 pm

My suggestion would be "There we are then".

I see what you did there, swap a vag for a fanny eh? My sister was about 25 and had used twat for most of her life before someone pointed out it was another reference (albeit less directly / well known) to lady bits...

Maybe I'm just sensitive to is as yet another  "insider" reference that the Sheffield mafia all giggle about and us poor outsiders are left to feel even more cast away... 

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#189 Re: Jam Crack
October 28, 2021, 03:39:53 pm
Really? it's a "joke" as old as the hills.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#190 Re: Jam Crack
October 28, 2021, 03:44:13 pm
Really? it's a "joke" as old as the hills.

Oh yeah, I know. I'm not making my point well. I give up. I'll go an sit in the corner.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#191 Re: Jam Crack
October 28, 2021, 03:49:07 pm
"I'm fowl when I enter a cockfight with an owl, solve Carol's conundrum with C, N, T, and one vowel...."

https://youtu.be/vV_mDdLR1PI?t=30

Whole track is a classic as is the album.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#192 Re: Jam Crack
November 07, 2021, 09:09:39 pm
Well, that last one had me giggling. In fact, it was about 3am as I wasn't sleeping well and grimer usually manages to send me to sleep. I was actually worried I was going to wake the lass up.

The outro was a poignant "fuck you" and I appreciate it for that.

remus

• forum hero
#193 Re: Jam Crack
December 01, 2021, 10:25:09 am
The latest one with Taylor Parsons (formerly CWP) is a blast! http://www.niallgrimes.com/jam-crack-climbing-podcast/2021/11/29/jcpc-106-taylor-parsons

edshakey

• forum abuser
#194 Re: Jam Crack
December 01, 2021, 01:50:56 pm
Currently about halfway through, and loving it. Taylor has a lot to say, and it's all interesting so far

Petey

#195 Re: Jam Crack
December 01, 2021, 10:24:44 pm
Yep, great pod with Taylor. She's super open and honest, and it helped me understand a complex issue a lot more.

lukeyboy

• forum abuser
#196 Re: Jam Crack
December 03, 2021, 10:41:01 pm
I've just finished listening to Taylors and really enjoyed it, fascinating to get an insight into a subject I don't understand very well and an interesting person and story. Thanks Grimer.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#197 Re: Jam Crack
December 03, 2021, 10:47:17 pm
Agree with the last comments. Handled it well Niall and asked many of the many of the questions maybe who aren't deep into the subject (like many of us...) would have wanted to ask but maybe wouldn't. Very open an honest. Great stuff!

Found it interesting when she said she was dieting hard for climbing. Struck me as this was partly about "performance" (which she did manage to achieve then despite restriction) , and maybe a bit about "control" which wasn't really discussed. I felt (from my armchair, non trained review...) that this was maybe something about control when control couldn't be achieved in the personal identity sphere.

Good work Grimes. It's worth getting out your comfort zone eh?

grimer

• forum hero
#198 Re: Jam Crack
December 04, 2021, 02:03:59 pm
Thanks all x

Ged

• junky
#199 Re: Jam Crack
December 05, 2021, 05:19:53 pm
That was one of the most powerful interviews I think I've ever listened to. Properly gave me an insight into a world that I had no clue about. Her candidness was quite amazing, and let her talk brilliantly.

If you can persuade her to write a book, I'd definitely be buying it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal