UKBouldering.com

Help - West Yorkshire / Haworth / Keighley pub grub recommendations please! (Read 3427 times)

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Alright,

Over Xmas I've got to organise a 70th birthday meal for my Mum and her partner - they both have ultra conservative no spicy / foreign / unusual tastes, so a decent (gastro)pub normally the best bet.

However, I'm struggling a bit to find a) around Haworth, where they'll be staying and b) that will be doing normal food on Dec 27th.

Throwing it out to the UKB hive-mind - not averse to a bit of a drive (probably half hour tops), any tips?!

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Parents recently went to Dog and Gun Inn near Oxenhope and said the food was very good. They said it's worth asking for a table near the fire when you book.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Flooding looks fairly hellish, I hope you're all ok.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
All good...they are staying at the top of a huge hill east of Howarth it appears so they're fine.

Was actually tempted to book somewhere in Hebden Bridge after a wander round there earlier in the week, glad I didn't now. We've gone for R-Man's pick, which also seems to be fortunately on higher ground!

tommytwotone

• forum hero
Just to say top shout R-Man, had a great lunch, loved by all young and all. Incredible scenery as well, would be tempted to hack back over that way to do it again.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Grand! Glad you enjoyed it. Not been myself, but my parents were impressed. I'll let them know their reccommendation went down well.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal