UKBouldering.com

Instinct slippers (Read 3733 times)

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Instinct slippers
December 07, 2015, 07:40:40 pm
How do people size these- same as laces and VS or go down a half size?

How secure is that heel btw?

Thanks for any advice.

tomtom

• forum hero
#1 Re: Instinct slippers
December 07, 2015, 08:35:42 pm
1/2 a EU Size lower than for VS for me. I'm 41 in slippers, 41.5 in vs. Slippers stretch a wee bit more.

JackAus

• junky
#2 Re: Instinct slippers
December 08, 2015, 04:11:47 am
^ This.

I usually wear the same size but have recently gone down a half size in slippers. 42 VS 41.5 Slipper

When stretched out, heel not so secure but I train my heels in the slippers so when I use the VS' I can hook like a demon. :)

rodma

• forum hero
#3 Re: Instinct slippers
December 08, 2015, 07:31:17 am
I'm down a full size compared to vs/boostics etc., but then I have hoof sized feet. 36 in a slipper 37 in a velcro

The slippers are really soft. I almost injured my fingers putting them on the first time but was able to keep them on comfortably for about 20 mins immediately.

tomtom

• forum hero
#4 Re: Instinct slippers
December 08, 2015, 08:59:15 am
Yup - I have my slippers a bit looser than the velcro's as I tend to use them as a wall shoe or for warming up/puntering/doing things not requiring a heeel.. so I guess if I wanted them uber tight I could drop a full euro size..

I've some VS in 41 (same size as my slippers) and its taken about a year to stretch them so they can be worn for more than 2 min :D

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#5 Re: Instinct slippers
December 08, 2015, 09:20:06 am
I'm interested to see how it pans out with my new slippers. I got the the same size as vapour Vs/styx/magos and half a euro size less than my comfy boostics.

First go felt pretty nice at Ratho on Sunday, we'll see...

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#6 Re: Instinct slippers
December 08, 2015, 01:43:35 pm

I've some VS in 41 (same size as my slippers) and its taken about a year to stretch them so they can be worn for more than 2 min :D

Hi Tomtom, what size do you have in the slipper then, is it 40.5? Do you find they've stretched much compared to the VS? ( which I don't think stretch so much as deform a bit around the shape of your foot).

Thanks to all who replied, interesting.

tomtom

• forum hero
#7 Re: Instinct slippers
December 08, 2015, 01:56:19 pm

Hi Tomtom, what size do you have in the slipper then, is it 40.5? Do you find they've stretched much compared to the VS? ( which I don't think stretch so much as deform a bit around the shape of your foot).

Thanks to all who replied, interesting.

I'm now on my 3rd set of slippers - all size 41..

I've on set of VS 41 and one 41.5

The slippers stretch quite a bit more (the VS seems quite a bit stiffer overall) though this may be mainly in the heel bag area.. For my feet 41 is the perfect balance between comfort (can wear them all day once stretched) and sensitivity/loseness.. I suspect I could go half a size smaller in slippers if need be - but if too tight you can lose some of the sensitivity etc..

My 41 VS took ages (about a year) to stretch out properly - but that may be because I didnt use them much as they were so painful! They definately don't stretch as much as the slippers...

As an additional - the slippers are probably the best all round shoe I've owned... the heel is not great - but just as good(or bad) as an AnasaziVCS heel. Smearing great, edges pretty good... a little downturned for boning down on small things on roofs/overhangs - I love em. If I need something just a touch more precise, or stiffer edge or better heel - I put on a VS.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#8 Re: Instinct slippers
December 08, 2015, 07:02:54 pm
Ok, ok, sold, cheque's in the post. Cheers.  :)

Dave Mayes

• regular
#9 Re: Instinct slippers
December 08, 2015, 07:23:37 pm
Spanner in the works, all my scarpas (vapours, instinct S, booster s) are 40.5 and I'd wear the same in the VS. Haven't found any stretch in any of them.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#10 Re: Instinct slippers
December 08, 2015, 07:26:32 pm
A very welcome spanner, thanks, as I'd concluded same size as my VS was the way to go - and that was what I started the thread to work out.

Thanks for all the replies.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#11 Re: Instinct slippers
December 12, 2015, 07:55:53 pm
For those interested in sizing I'm a 41 in VS, 41 in LU (but can squeeze into 40.5) and 41 seems about right in the slipper now I've climbed in them. ie the same size in all instinct versions

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal