UKBouldering.com

Campervans in Spain (Read 1976 times)

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
Campervans in Spain
November 20, 2015, 12:02:11 pm
We're heading out to Catalunya over New Year and are thinking of renting a van so we can go where we like.

I know there's been some aggro at Margalef recently with vans only allowed in two approved spots, but has anyone had any issues in Catalunya more widely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJM

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Campervans in Spain
November 20, 2015, 12:11:27 pm
We only stayed up at the dam at margalef, so I don't know about there, but we had no issues elsewhere - siurana (we stayed in the big carpark part way up the hill, not at the top), terradets, Montsant (I think, I can't remember 100% if we stayed there or drove over), that sort of thing.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#2 Re: Campervans in Spain
November 20, 2015, 01:09:34 pm
We're heading out to Catalunya over New Year and are thinking of renting a van so we can go where we like.

I know there's been some aggro at Margalef recently with vans only allowed in two approved spots, but has anyone had any issues in Catalunya more widely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know Mike Owen? (he has a blog on here) He's got all the good info on where to pitch up etc.

abarro81

• forum hero
#3 Re: Campervans in Spain
November 20, 2015, 01:12:01 pm
Think margalef changed so you're now supposed to park near the village and you have to pay for it. How heavily enforced this is, or indeed whether the new rules have come in yet, I don't know.

AJM

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: Campervans in Spain
November 20, 2015, 06:36:52 pm
Kelvin is out there ATM so might have some beta - I've messaged him to point him at the thread.

kelvin

• forum hero
#5 Re: Campervans in Spain
November 21, 2015, 10:56:27 am
Margalef - 2 people and a van is 5 Euros per night at the Dam. 2 squat toilets, some sinks and non potable water for that. By the village, it's 9.50 per night plus 3 for a shower. The guy comes round early morning to see/catch people, many move on to Suirana.
Suirana - we've been sleeping in the very top car park, maybe twenty vans some nights. Near the public toilets in the village, so non of the usual shit and toilet paper behind every bush and it's been a pretty chilled vibe.
Generally, we've been fine parked up anywhere. Perles, Coll De Nargo, Montserrat etc. Suirana seems to be the most relaxed place however. There are people sleeping in their vans down in Cornudella most nights.

Hope that helps.

joel182

• obsessive maniac
#6 Re: Campervans in Spain
November 21, 2015, 03:18:42 pm
Thanks for the info Kelvin - also thinking of heading up to Catalonia around the new year, so really useful to hear the situation on the ground!

gingerninja

• menacing presence
#7 Re: Campervans in Spain
November 23, 2015, 10:55:40 am
ignore

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal