the shizzle > music, art and culture

Music streaming services

(1/5) > >>

Jim:
few threads on this but most quite old now.
Anyhow, considering subscribing to one of these streaming service type things, have used spotify breifly when it was free, heard some people talking about deezer, never used in. What do people use and recomend for this sort of thing (the chromecast speakers thread got me thinking again about this)
can't believe I am so out of touch with modern technology

tomtom:
Spotify is still free - you just get ads every now and then.. Though for playlists on my PC it seems to have none (who knows!).

Duma:
I pay for Spotify - no experience of others
the paid for one lets you download stuff for offline play - useful for the car, also no ads, also can stream at 320kbs - obvs cant tell in car or through laptop, but noticeable through the hifi at home. connect is nice too.

mini:
Another one for Spotify.

I did trial iMusic for a few weeks, but found it very clunky, it doubled up tracks if you saved & made available offline using your iPhone and failed to recognise the existance of some genres like folk / americana.

Went straight back to Spotify, which was like a breath of fresh air in comparison.

SamT:
+1 for paid spotify. I figure a tenner a month = 1 album purchase a month, yet I get to listen to shit loads more than that, with all the bonuses of being able to sample stuff, create playlists really easily, have stuff offline to listen in the car/on holiday when you have no wifi/data connection.

I had a brief dalliance with Deezer (free with my samsung phone for a year or something) but went straight back to Spotify.

Yes you cast straight to things like Chromecast Audio/Sonos etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version