UKBouldering.com

Golfers elbow rehab suggestions from Ben West (Read 3350 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Golfers elbow rehab suggestions from Ben West
October 24, 2015, 01:16:42 pm

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
Very similar story to my TFCC wrist rehab. Sounds like it will help a lot of peeps. Great post.

andy_e

• forum hero
Just what I need after a trip to Fontainelbow, thanks!

jmews

• regular
Very similar story to my TFCC wrist rehab. Sounds like it will help a lot of peeps. Great post.

Apologies for drumming on about TFCC, but can you possibly elaborate on how the techniques shown here resemble the successful elements of your TFCC rehab? Curious how I can improve what I am doing.

Thanks!

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Not everyone has the rotational variant.

I found that what fixed it was a combination of
..complete layoff for several months
...resuming climbing very gently and moving up to normal intensity and session duration over a 2 month period
...rehab protocol of 2 x 25 reps on 5kg ( moving up to 7), 6 x per week (double headed dumbell lowered straight down open handed, not single headed lowered rotationally at 90' as shown in vid)
..Tom Randall's stretch 2 mins daily. Key here was realising not just to bend a straight leg up backwards from the hip but to arch back up from the waist at same time. This is a lot harder than just bending lower body and a lot more intense.

This protocol 99% fixed in 2 months what had been resisting all other therapy for the previous 18.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Not sure if this has been posted before?

abarro81

• forum hero
I smash mine with the straight on variant as in the title image of that vid, I agree that moving the body around to find the point of aggravation is important.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal