UKBouldering.com

the last post? (Read 2372 times)

tc

• junky
the last post?
August 21, 2004, 01:27:48 pm
So...you go for a walk with your woman and your dog in the wild country and after an hour's serious uphill trudge you stumble across what appears to be a prime bouldering spot. Bunch of craglets and free-standing boulders with a heartbreakingly beautiful view. Great rock, problems from V-easy to V-hard, with the boulders indentifiable by the tree each of them has growing at the bottom - a rowan, a yew, a banyan tree and a coconut palm (OK, OK, that was just to see if you were still with me). It's one of the nicest spots you've ever been to; you're in love. A river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. You spend an age carving your dreams on the stone. In your sleep, you mime the moves of the problems you can't yet do. You vow to train for them, individually if necessary.  All good things - fine boulder problems as well as eternal salvation - come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy.
A close friend and confidante of some 30 years is let into the secret. You both agree you'd kind of like to keep the place the way it is - special.
Do you go for... Cast, Crew, Reviews, Plot Summary, Comments, Discussion, Taglines, Trailers, Posters, Photos, Showtimes, Link to Official Sites, Beta, Claims, Counter-claims, Old-School Cynics and Nu-Skool Wannabees with No Soul cluttering the Place up with Loud Self Analysis and discarded chalk wrappers?
Or do you shut the fuck up?
Discuss.

Si O'Conor

• player
    • http://www.se7en-x.com/oops/
#1 the last post?
August 21, 2004, 01:49:28 pm

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 the last post?
August 21, 2004, 02:07:50 pm
Personally I'd keep it to myself until I'd done everything I could do...then tell close friends, and then maybe let it become known by word of mouth.

Count yourself lucky you've found somewhere like that and enjoy it while it's still a secret.

dave

#3 the last post?
August 21, 2004, 08:43:32 pm
I'd fuck it off and find somewhere more roadside, preferable with a collection of eliminate dynos.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 the last post?
August 21, 2004, 09:47:54 pm
:lol:

a dense loner

• forum hero
#5 the last post?
August 23, 2004, 09:36:33 am
i would shut the fuck up :D

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#6 the last post?
August 23, 2004, 09:40:16 am
Hold a Planetfear-sponsored XTREEEEM Boulder Development And Rave Weekend there...

....or perhaps not

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#7 the last post?
August 23, 2004, 10:42:10 am
Tell no-one. Let it fade into obscurity once you and your mates tire of it (if you ever do), and let someone else, get the same joy of discovery. Hopefully they will do the same.

squeek

• junky
#8 the last post?
August 23, 2004, 10:46:42 am
A close friend and confidante of some 30 years is let into the secret.
:oldgit:

Keep it to yourself, sounds nice.

jonP

• obsessive maniac
#9 the last post?
August 23, 2004, 11:04:43 am
Go there once for a look on a rainy day, then never get round to going back again even though it has huge potential and is obviously untouched, cos you're too lazy.

Works for me.

mark

• forum abuser
#10 Re: the last post?
August 23, 2004, 11:42:27 am
Quote from: "tc"
You spend an age carving your dreams on the stone.

Chiseller!

BenF

• forum hero
#11 the last post?
August 23, 2004, 12:10:05 pm
Shite, does this mean someone else has discovered Pex Hill?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal