UKBouldering.com

Peak Area Meet 14th September VENUE CHANGE - Maynard Grindleford 7.30pm (Read 3251 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Full agenda not published yet but main topic of discussion will be the Consultation on rebranding. BMC president Rehan Siddiqui, vice-presidents Emma Flaherty and Rupert Davies, and CEO Dave Turnbull, will be explaining the background to the rebranding proposal with an open discussion and Q&A session. The views from the meeting will be fed back via Area Representatives to the National Council meeting on 17 September; National Council will then decide how to proceed based on the views and feedback received. www.thebmc.co.uk/september-area-meetings-consultation-on-rebranding

Guest speaker Nigel Vardy, aka Mr Frostbite: In 1999 Nigel suffered severe frostbite in temperatures of -60°C on Denali in Alaska. It cost him his fingers, nose and all of his toes. An inspiring tale of resilience, recovery and adversity against the odds, Nigel’s injuries haven’t stopped him rising to life’s daily challenges and going on to climb some of the world’s toughest and most challenging mountains.

Food as always is provided.

Any new routes, boulder problems, news, gossip or articles for the Peak Area newsletter to me by 26th August

dave

Can't make that meeting, any volunteers to read out a pre-prepared rant about the rebrand?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Can't make that meeting, any volunteers to read out a pre-prepared rant about the rebrand?

Not me - but you can make it into an article for the newsletter if you like

tomtom

• forum hero

As long as it's in comic sans.

cofe

• forum hero

We can drop it in after the Hillclimbing News.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Can give lifts from S10/S11

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth

dave

Yeah come on folks, I need to know if the Climb Brexit is leaving the EU? Looking forward to £350m to spend on access work and a return to english technical grades for everything.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Ill do a write up on Climb Britain thread but almost certainly there wont be a full rebrand is the outcome

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
On the access front Stanage looks like is going to be all fucked up again with regard to its management. The devolved management headed up by Rebbekah Newman is now under review with a potential view to more central control by Peak Park head office bureaucrats. This could be a threat to the things we take for granted. cheap camping at North Lees, freeish parking, listening and working with us via Stanage Forum Group

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal