UKBouldering.com

UKB regular Cheque's Black Rocks film free to view at BMC TV (Read 26465 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

Really, really encouraged to make more films now- I have lots more ideas...

Do it! Now you've got track record down, ask for a couple of quid for a download. I would happily spend a pound or two on quality like that.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
 :agree:

Such hard work deserves fair reward.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I'm no expert, but I'm guessing selling to the BMC/ epicTV is going to be more lucrative. Relatively speaking.

SA Chris

• forum hero
I guess via the BMC deal I'm paying indirectly

LLAlhadeff

Wow, just watched this - totally inspiring film.

I don't think I even have a favourite bit, every story was just so compelling

Loved it

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Can anybody settle an argument? How do you say Mark's surname?

Ran-KEEN?
Ran-kin?
Ran-KYNE?

mark20

• junky
Rankin
as in Uptown Top

deacon

• addict
You pronounce it "Mar Cranking!"

macca7

• addict
Just wanted to add my thanks to the list.

Stunning film love the concept and execution you should be incredibly proud.

Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to the next one!

Macca

Schnell

• menacing presence
Some praise for Stonnis in this: http://www.climbmagazine.com/news/2015/11/keystones-editors-note-climb-129 as well as being a generally good article I thought.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
It’s back. Not free any more but it is in better quality, has optional subtitles and (if you download it) comes with the shorter, in some ways superior, festival edit and a version with my “director’s commentary”.  :lol:

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
Thanks for letting us know... quite a few people have asked me about it and I've highly recommended it to others, so hopefully you will get some happy customers.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures

Duma

• forum hero
Amazing, this will have to wait until I have a free hour to give it proper attention. Thanks Mike.

dunnyg

• forum hero
Just watched again and no idea why I've still not been  :spank: Boss film  :2thumbsup:

User deactivated.

• forum hero
This is handy as i'm keen to have a look at Meshuga! Anyone know what gear i'll need to set up a toprope on it?

Great vid, the storytelling was brilliant and had me watching from start to finish.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Cheers guys  :hug: I’ll have to watch it again- I watch it every couple of years and get completely overwhelmed by nostalgia for that period.

IIRC getting a good toprope anchor on Meshuga is fairly involved Liam- You can see at 34:30-34:50 that Paul’s had to do some work to get a safe belay up there. There are massive threadable boulders at the top of the gullies on either side of the promontory but they’re both quite a way back and lower than the place where you need the anchor point to be so you need to use some cams in (again IIRC) quite shallow flakes n breaks at the sides of the prom’s top itself to keep the rope in place. You’ll need about 20m of static to rig it I reckon but there are at least a couple of people who’ve climbed it who have accounts on here so they might come along and fill you in. Could be that they just used the cams- I often find I’m more cautious about such things than E9 headpointers and I never needed a rope on it myself, just saw Neil and a few other people’s setups.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Excellent, thanks Mike. You really should make some more films.

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
That is one of the best climbing movies I’ve seen. Thank you Cheque  :popcorn: :bow:

webbo

• forum hero
Great film Cheque. Almost made me want to do some routes again.

sirlockoff

• regular
  • god's own rock
  • @sirlockoff
    • Peak district bouldering sends
great one cheque thanks  :great:

SamT

• forum hero
Simply brilliant Mike.   

Totally absorbing.

andy popp

• forum hero
Somehow I thought I'd seen that before, but I hadn't. Absolutely wonderful, one of the best climbing films I've watched in a long time. Thanks so much for putting it up Mike.

User deactivated.

• forum hero
IIRC getting a good toprope anchor on Meshuga is fairly involved Liam- You can see at 34:30-34:50 that Paul’s had to do some work to get a safe belay up there. There are massive threadable boulders at the top of the gullies on either side of the promontory but they’re both quite a way back and lower than the place where you need the anchor point to be so you need to use some cams in (again IIRC) quite shallow flakes n breaks at the sides of the prom’s top itself to keep the rope in place. You’ll need about 20m of static to rig it I reckon but there are at least a couple of people who’ve climbed it who have accounts on here so they might come along and fill you in. Could be that they just used the cams- I often find I’m more cautious about such things than E9 headpointers and I never needed a rope on it myself, just saw Neil and a few other people’s setups.

Cheers. It seems like I should take someone with me who knows what they're doing!

SA Chris

• forum hero
Excellent. I can't believe it's nearly 8 years old. Need to watch again, on the big TV this time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal