UKBouldering.com

Disneyland Paris prices! (Read 2080 times)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Disneyland Paris prices!
September 20, 2015, 06:07:08 pm
interesting time with booking tickets for a couple of days at Disney whilst we're in Font next year

through disneylandparis.co.uk tickets for the 5 of us for 1 single day in the parks = almost £300

also through disneylandparis.co.uk - 2 days in the parks and 1 night in Davey Crocket ranch for all 5 of us = £458.91

same stay, same dates through disneylandparis.fr = 416.76 Euros    which is the same price as just 1 days tickets through the .co.uk site

so I decided to book through the .fr site, but you can't if you don't have a French address - it suggests you phone them to book

so I got my French speaking sister to phone - this time the same 2 days, 1 night stay was quoted at 201.42 Euros - she checked several times that this was correct (223.42 Euros if we wanted insurance)

excellent! we'll take it - except when we got to my Sheffield address, suddenly they were unable to proceed - they had assumed my sister was French and in in France (she's pretty good at talking). they then put her through to the department who deal with UK bookings - yes they could offer us the 416 Euro price, but not the 201.42; saying that they could not access such an offer through the computer and that we must have been mistaken

I have booked the 416 Euro deal, knowing that I can cancel with little penalty this far in advance. apparently my paperwork will all be in French, but I'm happy with that

I await their response to my questions

for anyone else looking to book - it may be worth using someone's address in France and pretending to be French (or getting an actual French person to book for you and post the tickets)

and definitely don't book through dineylandparis.co.uk

fried

• forum hero
#1 Re: Disneyland Paris prices!
September 20, 2015, 06:25:07 pm
This was on the French news a couple of months ago, I can't remember if it was illegal or not, but big differences between different countries when booking on-line.

lukeyboy

• forum abuser
#2 Re: Disneyland Paris prices!
September 20, 2015, 10:44:06 pm
Try booking online through a french vpn  :shrug:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#3 Re: Disneyland Paris prices!
September 21, 2015, 07:09:36 am
Try booking online through a french vpn  :shrug:

I was able to get the online french price by phoning (E 416), just not the french phone offer price (E 201)

lukeyboy

• forum abuser
#4 Re: Disneyland Paris prices!
September 21, 2015, 12:51:24 pm
Ah ok, should have read your post more carefully!

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#5 Re: Disneyland Paris prices!
September 23, 2015, 06:21:00 pm
for your interest - the 51 minute phone call to the French Disney booking advice line only cost £1.68 from a BT landline

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal