UKBouldering.com

Sliver Bloc Burb S. (Read 1668 times)

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
Sliver Bloc Burb S.
September 22, 2015, 04:47:52 pm
Trying to locate the Sliver themed bloc at Burb south above and right from The Cioch... is Slivereen the flake round the nose to the right from the two kids problems in the Rockfax guide (Lilou and Kinderlibrium). That is, the flake that blinds out below the sloping top as I'm struggling to orient myself and can't work out where all the other problems fit in. Any help much appreciated as Im updating Offwidth and don't want to leave multiple names for the same problems. Alternately is it the bigger west facing wall at the west end of the boulder clump (the grades seem very low for this)

bolehillbilly

• stalker
#1 Re: Sliver Bloc Burb S.
September 22, 2015, 10:29:28 pm
I haven't got a rockfax so can't relate to the kids problems but it's a fairly obvious big block with a great outlook over the valley.  It's just to the right of a maze of smaller boulders which themselves sit above and right of the Cioch.  There were a few other problems in the maze including a rounded arête which was quite good but softer rock and a v. tricky short slab which I didn't record.
The rock on the Sliver block is good quality.  Thought the problems were fairly decent.

There's a video clip of Sliversmith here which shows the block. 

sorry - I've forgotten how to embed and can't get the wiki help up.

This is the best problem there.  Might be tough for 6a?  I've got some other photo's somewhere and maybe a topo which I can email on to you if that's a help?
Let me know
Marc

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
#2 Re: Sliver Bloc Burb S.
September 23, 2015, 12:58:16 am
Cheers that looks like the left of the bigger wall at the west end of the jumble, facing west. I tried something at the right side using a pocket in an overlap as as undercut but the top felt horrible. I checked the top and was glad I didn't go for it but there was a top-out hold on a harder problem to the left.

bolehillbilly

• stalker
#3 Re: Sliver Bloc Burb S.
September 23, 2015, 10:18:12 pm
Yeah, the top outs on all the problems are tricky and starting to feel high enough.  It's a big block to have been ignored for so long in the Burbage Valley. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal