UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Raven Tor][definitely not called Jerry's Roof][Font 7C+] (Read 13474 times)

Tommy

• junky
For those that like a nice little link up and bit of pump, then I did what might be a new addition to Raven Tor - please do correct me if wrong as I'm not the most knowledgable person about the place!

I know the name is a bit strange, but I've always thought it was unfair that Ben got a roof at The Tor - the hallowed ground - and Jerry missed out so I wanted to even it out and give Jerry one. Not literally, obviously...

It starts right at the back of the cave for Ben's Roof Extension, comes into Cave Problem Sit, then reverse Weedkiller and finishes up Basher's RH. Needs a bit of fitness in general and no nasty moves on it.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:55:56 pm by dave »

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Good stuff. You've extended Let's Get Ready To Rumbleweed, which was itself an extension of Tumbleweed.

http://peakbouldering.info/areas/5-central-limestone/crags/72-raven-tor/boulders/350-the-cave/problems/3192-let-s-get-ready-to-rumbleweed#.VfbwmRFViko

You failed to extend the name though.   ;)

Three Nine

• forum hero
and the grade? i vote this goes down as Tommy's roof. Jerry was a quitter

dave

Seems you've managed to add an extension start to LGRTRW whilst at the same time your extension is a grade easier than LGRTRW, and unbelievably has a name that makes even less sense to anyone than LGRTRW.

You been celebrating your dovedale route by hitting the crackpipe a bit too hard Tom?

Tommy

• junky
Seems you've managed to add an extension start to LGRTRW whilst at the same time your extension is a grade easier than LGRTRW, and unbelievably has a name that makes even less sense to anyone than LGRTRW.

You been celebrating your dovedale route by hitting the crackpipe a bit too hard Tom?

Well, you may well find I've been smoking the crack pipe (although I prefer to call it a "additive-lade cheroot") less than you think. I found with this problem that the longer it got, the easier you have to make the moves feel. Therefore as it gets longer it gets easier.

That's perfect (flawed) logic right there isn't it ;-)

dave

Looking forwards to see you link into this from the finish of Bens Roof at 7c.

abarro81

• forum hero
This is like Ted's "bigger splash direct is easier from Tsunami because you're warmed up". In which case you're such an overgrader, 'cos you must've been well warmed up by the time you got to cave problem. Also, your knee ligaments were probably much less likely to snap in the heel-toe of death due to being warmer, so knock another grade off.

Tommy

• junky
Seems a bit harsh but happy to go with 7C Alex. You're the one with knee snapping experience :-)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Yes but Jerry's Roof?

:shrug:

tomtom

• forum hero
I'm happy with Toms roof....

Kingy

• forum hero
Nice one Tom, sounds very sustained this.  :great: One more for bored locals to work on!

Haydn did 'Cave Slave' 7C+ earlier this year: http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=361000 which does what you did except finishing up Cave Problem so I would imagine your link would be 8A+, will check it out!

Tommy

• junky
Ok ok, when Robin says a name isn't ideal then that means something. It's like Polish Dave saying he's not that psyched.

Robin - happy for you to come up with a name. Or Dave. You both have contributed a lot there in the past!

I saw Haydn there yesterday. Was nice to talk to him :-)

abarro81

• forum hero
Wad point for names better than let's get ready to tumbleweed

dave

Whats wrong with Let's Get Ready To Rumbleweed (get it fucking right!)?

i_a_coops

• forum abuser
    • Ian Cooper
Remember You're A Wombleweed

:-\

abarro81

• forum hero
No Dave I like LGRTR!  Phone autocorrect making the words change. Best name at tor. I just mean if anything even better gets proposed I'll be impressed

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
"Weed myself"

Three Nine

• forum hero
On a tangent. Tom - its all well posting shite on FB about 'time to get strong', but doing route-length links is not the way to do that. You're sposed to be all scienced-up to the balls and know this shit! keep it alactic man

Tommy

• junky
Let's Get Ready to Rumble Mama's Weeds

http://mamasweeds.com/2009/08/05/lets-get-ready-to-rumble/

Hang on a sec..... ok got it. It's starting right at the back of Ben's extension. How about "let's get ready to fumble Ben's weed"

Tommy

• junky
On a tangent. Tom - its all well posting shite on FB about 'time to get strong', but doing route-length links is not the way to do that. You're sposed to be all scienced-up to the balls and know this shit!

Yeah but you don't realise is that my hardest ticks non-crack climbing last year were 2 V8's. So therefore doing a V9 (is that Cave Problem?) is pretty bloody hard for me!! You've got a point though. I need to stop being a weakling about this. I'm off to try a bit harder....

Three Nine

• forum hero
No, if you can climb c.8 moves(?) into it, then i don't think its really in the sweet spot for a strength adaption.

Moreover, if you can hang the BM middle rail one-handed WITH added weight, for any length of time at all, then surely v8 wont be very hard?

Three Nine

• forum hero
Return to the Tor and try some straight-ups.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Ha ha ha he used V grades!

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
How about "let's get ready to fumble Ben's weed"

:2thumbsup:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
V grades AND rubbish grading AND a name that seems to annoy everyone, great stuff. Almost compensates for putting up a link at the Tor.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal