UKBouldering.com

Flipp bouldering pads (Read 3191 times)

sjw

• obsessive maniac
Flipp bouldering pads
September 02, 2015, 04:41:34 pm
In my search for a new pad, I stumbled across a company called Flipp (http://flippcrashpads.com/double-flipper.html) which are now being sold in the UK. They look like decent pads, I was just wondering if anyone had seen/used one in the flesh or could comment on the foam and build quality. Cheers!

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Flipp bouldering pads
September 02, 2015, 04:49:43 pm
They had a stand at the DWS Exeter. Look really well built. Very hard wearing fabric ( looks pretty waterproof too) on the back, sides and corners. No idea about the foam. Flap so your stuff won't fall out. only had a quick look so can't tell you more than that!

sjw

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Flipp bouldering pads
September 02, 2015, 04:52:48 pm
They had a stand at the DWS Exeter. Look really well built. Very hard wearing fabric ( looks pretty waterproof too) on the back, sides and corners. No idea about the foam. Flap so your stuff won't fall out. only had a quick look so can't tell you more than that!

Spot on, cheers! The photos of the DWS comp is where I noticed them.

Duma

• forum hero
#3 Re: Flipp bouldering pads
September 02, 2015, 07:00:32 pm
Yeah I had a look at these at the dws comp too, look good, seem well built, decent (but not massive) thickness. Liked the trifold ones. Obv test of time will be key for foam and build quality. Gaz Parry is importing them to UK so worth hitting him up on fb for more info I guess?

cha1n

• forum hero
#4 Re: Flipp bouldering pads
September 02, 2015, 09:47:20 pm
Regarding the waterproof bottom, not sure how likely you are to use it in the snow but saw some entertaining falls in the Peak this year from people with the Ocun pads that have the waterproof bottoms!

tomtom

• forum hero
#5 Re: Flipp bouldering pads
September 02, 2015, 10:47:02 pm

Regarding the waterproof bottom, not sure how likely you are to use it in the snow but saw some entertaining falls in the Peak this year from people with the Ocun pads that have the waterproof bottoms!

And I've seen plenty of presumably equally entertaining cow shit stains on the fabric bottom of non wipe clean Boulder mat bases.

Imho pros outweigh the cons. Latest snap mats have a textured waterproof design so they're far less slippy on wet grass.

cha1n

• forum hero
#6 Re: Flipp bouldering pads
September 03, 2015, 12:00:39 am
A cow shit stain is as entertaining as someone firing their mat half-way across the crag on impact, then doing a backflip? :-\

Doesn't really bother me either way, just mentioned it as an observation from last year. I'm not really sure which mat I'd go for in future personally but definitely not a shitty Elelrid pad like my last one.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal