UKBouldering.com

Woodwell No Dogs Policy Reminder (Read 8771 times)

andy popp

• forum hero
#25 Re: Woodwell No Dogs Policy Reminder
September 01, 2015, 05:31:12 pm
Interesting. You say, very emphatically, "i CAN control my dog". But, still, sometimes you have to bollock her "for her bad behaviour" even if she "generally doesn't cause any issues."

I'm confused.

crazy climbing pete

• regular
    • ChedelaBloc
#26 Re: Woodwell No Dogs Policy Reminder
September 02, 2015, 09:06:28 am
Interesting. You say, very emphatically, "i CAN control my dog". But, still, sometimes you have to bollock her "for her bad behaviour" even if she "generally doesn't cause any issues."

I'm confused.

I feel i'm wandering down a dark alley here. i'll try and explain and then shy away quietly

i can control Tess, she's incredibly obedient and can be left to her own devices in the hills without worry. I've had to bollock her before to get to this point, and granted at times when it has caused problems, such as having a go at a fella at Parisella's but now it's once in a blue moon when she finds something new i don't want her to do, like chasing squirrels.

The generally bit was good old fashioned British understatement, or unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances, like the guy outside the shop i worked who became paralytic at the sight of her and dived headfirst into his car (she hadn't moved at this point). It's more poor-proof reading than poor point.

To be honest, i didn't really want to get into a big debate about it, and as i said i do understand why you have to have no dog or "dog on lead" policies. As with everything like this in life, you have to legislate for the worst case scenario. That's the bit that makes me a bit sad

crazy climbing pete

• regular
    • ChedelaBloc
#27 Re: Woodwell No Dogs Policy Reminder
September 02, 2015, 09:18:42 am
Just to point out, this doesn't mean i'll be taking my dog to Woodwell with a sense of self-entitlement. Agree with it or not, thems the rules, however much i like it or not

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal