UKBouldering.com

[Yorkshire][Chevin][The Satellite Boulder][5a - ~8a+] (Read 11941 times)

TomP

• obsessive maniac
    • www.tompeckittclimbing.com
P.S needless to say please don't brush the holds too hard as some areas are a bit soft and stay wet for ages. Enjoy!

monkey boy

• forum hero
Do people think this boulder will be dry at the moment? More specifically under a full moon.

Cheers

36chambers

• forum hero
Can't comment on its current state. But a few of us were there in July and cleaned up any green that had gathered on all the 7's (including UAFM).

I don't know how much traffic it has seen since. According to UKC (which obviously not everyone uses) no one has log anything since.   

I think Will Hunt may have been there more recently, I'll drop him a text.

Caley has been in pretty good nick recently, which may (or may not) be a good indicator for the Satellite Boulder. Apologises for the vagueness. 

(Edit: spelling)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 11:11:44 am by 36chambers »

monkey boy

• forum hero
Cheers anyway. Any info Will Hunt?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I haven't been down since July.
It wasn't as slow drying as I thought it might be in the summer months. Seepage and difficulty getting good conditions in the woods was more of a problem than out and out wetness.
I honestly couldn't comment on how quickly it will dry in the winter months. Its quite sheltered, it faces north, it seeps a bit, there's been a lot of moss regrowth... you do the maths!

Having said that, I wouldn't despair entirely. Its been dry and windy today and a similarly dry day is forecast tomorrow. I would say it is definitely worth looking in after a dry and windy day, since the walk in is so short and it is so easy to bail to Caley/Almscliff/Chevin if its crap.

Nike Air

• forum abuser
Did you go dave?

monkey boy

• forum hero
I didn't have a set day I was going. Just enquiring. I imagine with all the rain yesterday it may take a few days to dry now!

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
What's the deal with the full moon Dave?

monkey boy

• forum hero
What's the deal with the full moon Dave?

I didn't go. I want to try full moon though that thing looks great!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
If you want to go down and have a lantern session one evening, Dave, then give me a shout. I know a few people who are keen to get down there. Once I stop dropping The Gemenid Trail like a twat then I can play on UaFM!

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
Yep. I missed the reference. I thought you were after romance or that teen wolf power  :slap:

monkey boy

• forum hero
Yep. I missed the reference. I thought you were after romance or that teen wolf power  :slap:

Haha I just re-read it! I reckon wolf power could help though! Hoe about romancing a wolf?

If you want to go down and have a lantern session one evening, Dave, then give me a shout. I know a few people who are keen to get down there. Once I stop dropping The Gemenid Trail like a twat then I can play on UaFM!

Cheers will do. Looks a bit doom and gloom this week!

a dense loner

• forum hero
Just go for a walk then, you'll be safe if you're careful.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal