UKBouldering.com

New Kicks 2015 (Read 24737 times)

Andy F V2.0

• regular
#50 Re: New Kicks 2015
October 29, 2015, 01:05:12 pm
I fitted my Furia's the same size as the Instinct VS, but would possibly go down half a size next time. They are very soft, but work very well on the stuff upstairs at Malham. Which is strange for such a shoe. The toe box feels comfier than the VS and they are much more sensitive. The heel works well for me, but I don't use it much...

T_B

• forum hero
#51 Re: New Kicks 2015
October 29, 2015, 02:18:46 pm
Scarpa are bringing out a VS S next year apparently. Same last as the VS but a slightly softer shoe with Grip2 rather than Edge rubber. Sounds like it might be the holy grail (i.e. an Instinct Lace Up level of stiffness but with the VS heel and convenience of velcro).

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#52 Re: New Kicks 2015
October 29, 2015, 04:53:38 pm
Scarpa are bringing out a VS S next year apparently. Same last as the VS but a slightly softer shoe with Grip2 rather than Edge rubber. Sounds like it might be the holy grail (i.e. an Instinct Lace Up level of stiffness but with the VS heel and convenience of velcro).

It can't be as stiff as the Instinct Lace. The stiffness in the Instinct Lace in part comes from the full length outsole, but can't then have the VS heel. It's going to be a softer VS. Not a massive amount, but Grip2 is softer than Edge. The Instinct Lace will be back out in it's new colour scheme) orange is the new and black at some point.

With the Furia, be careful not to size them too small. The rubber used for the rand and toe hooking patch (wrong word, it's much more than just a patch) is super soft. It's possible to push past the sole unit if sized too small.

T_B

• forum hero
#53 Re: New Kicks 2015
October 29, 2015, 05:02:20 pm
The Instinct VS is stiffer than the Instinct Lace. So I don't understand why a VS can't come out at around the same stiffness as the original lace up?  :-\

Andy F V2.0

• regular
#54 Re: New Kicks 2015
October 29, 2015, 05:29:16 pm
My laces are stiffer than my VS's. The VS's are great for routes, but not so good for bouldering. Too stiff and not enough feel in the toe. The ideal shoe would be the Stix + a decent heel. Please Scarpa make this shoe :thumbsup:

cha1n

• forum hero
#55 Re: New Kicks 2015
October 29, 2015, 10:00:08 pm
Agree that instinct laces are stiffer than the VS. They're also way better in the toebox but the heel is worse. Hopefully the new laces (never knew about this, whoop) use the VS heel and toehooking rubber.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#56 Re: New Kicks 2015
October 30, 2015, 12:25:46 am
I've been using instinct vs resoled with grip 2 for the last year and a half... And they are near perfect. Also had a more substantial toe hooking patch added over the big toe on the left once I wore through the original one and it works really well.

Not ready to commit to a new pair just yet, it will be good to see the drago's and new instinct vs when they are released  :2thumbsup:

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#57 Re: New Kicks 2015
October 31, 2015, 08:23:22 am
Tom, the Lace was always supposed to be stiffer than the Velcro. Obviously 2/3 agree  :shrug:

Hopefully the new laces (never knew about this, whoop) use the VS heel and toehooking rubber.

It's going to be a full length sole hence can't have the VS's heel.

cha1n

• forum hero
#58 Re: New Kicks 2015
October 31, 2015, 03:01:53 pm
It's going to be a full length sole hence can't have the VS's heel.

They could do with doing something with it, even if it's not the same. Why manufacturers don't have a full rubber heel is beyond me. I've had numerous occasions where the instinct lace (guess slipper would have the same issue) would slip off of a slopey heel placement when using the outside of the heel.

JamieG

• forum hero
#59 Re: New Kicks 2015
October 31, 2015, 07:49:05 pm
those 5.10 stone masters are ugly as fuck. I wonder how they will look with a curly mustache, bushy beard, leather backpack and fixie bike?

Seen at the wall last week: full beard, short dreads, lederhosen (but no beer in the hand, back around)
Please some one photo shop these pictures together

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal