UKBouldering.com

UK women who have bouldered >= 8A (Read 90277 times)

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Shauna did Zoo York when she was 18 https://www.ukclimbing.com/news/2012/01/coxsey_caminati_woods_and_jorg_making_some_moves-66216

Bet there are others for her too.

Liamhutch89

• forum hero
Mina did Careless Torque

Slightly off topic, but every time I see videos of careless torque I think it doesn't look 8A hard. Am I completely misguided, or is it a height thing? (in terms of lank and boulder height!). This isn't intending to knock anyone who's done it, im more trying to determine whether it's a worthy prospect as a non 8A climber (but not a million miles away). Its a stunning line.

Bradders

• forum hero
Shauna did Zoo York when she was 18 https://www.ukclimbing.com/news/2012/01/coxsey_caminati_woods_and_jorg_making_some_moves-66216

Bet there are others for her too.

Mina did Careless Torque

Of course, that'll teach me to post before I've had my morning coffee! As you were.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
I thought MTS was based in Germany the now?? Did she come back and use 2 weeks quarantine to grow skin for the grit??
 ;)

remus

• forum hero
Mina did Careless Torque

Slightly off topic, but every time I see videos of careless torque I think it doesn't look 8A hard. Am I completely misguided, or is it a height thing? (in terms of lank and boulder height!). This isn't intending to knock anyone who's done it, im more trying to determine whether it's a worthy prospect as a non 8A climber (but not a million miles away). Its a stunning line.

I get the impression people tend to try the start, then only start filming/taking pics/spraying once they're getting through that, at which point the top is 'only' 7B+.

User deactivated

• stalker
Good effort from Molly. I feel like Leah has done Full Power too but cant remember for sure.

monkey boy

• forum hero
Good effort from Molly. I feel like Leah has done Full Power too but cant remember for sure.

Yeah Leah did Full Power a few years ago.

Mina did Careless Torque

I thought Careless was hard for 8A but it has been others first of the grade. It's a very unique set of moves. Mina did it in 2 short sessions ground up.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 06:32:10 pm by monkey boy »

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I think its a solid grade or grade and a half harder than Brad Pit just to do the start. I've not done many eights but none felt significantly harder.

Bradders

• forum hero
UK's most famous 8A that still doesn't get that many ascents in "not soft" shocker... :lol:

remus

• forum hero
We have a new entrant to the list. Hannah French did Ben's Roof yesterday for her first 7C, waddage.

JohnM

• junky
I thought MTS was based in Germany the now?? Did she come back and use 2 weeks quarantine to grow skin for the grit??
 ;)

I guess being an athlete doesn't exempt you from being a third country national as Brit in Germany these days thanks to Brexit. Therefore, she probably was only allowed to be there for 90 days legally.

Duncan campbell

• junky
We have a new entrant to the list. Hannah French did Ben's Roof yesterday for her first 7C, waddage.

Wish I could of been there to spot her on that.

monkey boy

• forum hero
I don't Maddy Cope is on the list, or am I being blind. She did Punch Song (7C+) at Bradley Quarry recently.

remus

• forum hero
I don't Maddy Cope is on the list, or am I being blind. She did Punch Song (7C+) at Bradley Quarry recently.

She's on the new list here https://climbing-history.org/list/4

Gotta be a contender for one of the best female all rounders in the UK at the mo? (where all rounder = trad, sport and bouldering)

PeteHukb

• player

Has The Keel really not had any (or even many) female ascents?! A cursory glance through UKC logbooks didn't reveal any obviously female usernames. Presumably it's considered soft touch mainly by lanky blokes - although given that it's my only 7C tick and I'm in that category, I'm obviously not of that opinion  :doubt:

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Molly T-S doing Full Power:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM2mcbCDu3P/?igshid=1he3b2fz1nd62
Beautiful evening light on that right face.
Pathed the problem.

Bradders

• forum hero
Given The Keel basically gets harder the shorter you are, it wouldn't be hugely surprising if it hasn't had a female ascent. Not that there aren't plenty of women who'd be more than capable!

remus

• forum hero

Has The Keel really not had any (or even many) female ascents?! A cursory glance through UKC logbooks didn't reveal any obviously female usernames. Presumably it's considered soft touch mainly by lanky blokes - although given that it's my only 7C tick and I'm in that category, I'm obviously not of that opinion  :doubt:

Worth noting that the list isn't of all female ascents >= 7C, it's women who have climbed >= 7C with a few select examples for each person. It generally gets more definitive as you go up the grades but there's definitely a lot of ascents missing as you get towards 7C.

Duma

• forum hero
There's almost certainly a few people missing at 7C too

remus

• forum hero
There's almost certainly a few people missing at 7C too

The sobering truth of list making.

Yoof

• menacing presence
Zoe Wood did Jerry's Roof a bit ago

remus

• forum hero
Zoe Wood did Jerry's Roof a bit ago

Good knowledge, I've added her to the list https://climbing-history.org/list/4

I don't suppose you know slightly more specifically when she did it? Was it this year?

Yoof

• menacing presence
Yeah think it was 1-2 months ago so 2021 for sure

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Molly T-S has done Euro Trash Low Low 8B (whilst resting before the next round of the World Cup!).

Source: IG, 8a.

remus

• forum hero
Good knowledge, thanks Duncan. I've added her ascent to the list.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal