UKBouldering.com

UK men who have bouldered >=8B recently... (Read 201370 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

To be fair, there is only really one foot hold on the whole problem.

Yep, but this ascent is even less footsome than others I've seen (sits back in armchair, adjusts slippers, draws on pipe).

CD, you looked surprised to be at that point, and were making it up! Great effort.

gollum

• obsessive maniac
Thank you for the kind words   ;D and yeah that's exactly what went through my mind TomTom - was quite a shock to hold it haha! As for the footwork at the top it wasn't my finest work but makes a good laugh looking back at it - I think I was in a bit of a daze  :lol:
Thanks all :D

Bloody awesome. Well done. A massive tick.

tomtom

• forum hero
Thank you for the kind words   ;D and yeah that's exactly what went through my mind TomTom - was quite a shock to hold it haha! As for the footwork at the top it wasn't my finest work but makes a good laugh looking back at it - I think I was in a bit of a daze  :lol:
Thanks all :D

Bloody awesome. Well done. A massive tick.

Exactly. Perfectly captured that oh shit I've done it moment for me. And great to see that someone working super hard 8B experiences the same as punters on easier stuff :)

Ross Barker

• menacing presence
  • Deathly afraid of traverses
Mat Wright has just climbed Serenata 8C at Impossible Roof

remus

• forum hero
Waddage! Funny as I was just reading a post of his yesterday where it sounded like he was a way off getting it done.

https://climbing-history.org/

User deactivated

• stalker
I see you’ve added keen roof to Joe Lawson’s haul, he thought it to be 8A+ for the record.

The nesscliffe thing is a there and back and then an up? And that gets on the list?

Didn’t Smitton get left off cause it was a trav into an up?

Oh and The Boss got a repeat a good while back. Pretty cool I thought.

remus

• forum hero
I see you’ve added keen roof to Joe Lawson’s haul, he thought it to be 8A+ for the record.

The nesscliffe thing is a there and back and then an up? And that gets on the list?

Didn’t Smitton get left off cause it was a trav into an up?

Fair point on Smitton, I'll add him in. Barrows is on there for Wheel of Life which is a more trav, and seems kinda hard to separate travs from boulder problems.

Who was it who repeated The Boss? Strong work whoever it was.

dunnyg

• forum hero
I heard it was will hunt and he recons 6C+

Bradders

• forum hero

Fucks sake Jack spill the beans, who repeated it? Very cool but the people need details.

tomtom

• forum hero

6C+/7A...

User deactivated

• stalker

Got it in one haha.

Unfortunately for The Boss it isn’t a link at the tor so I didn’t think you guys would care.  ;)  Otherwise I’d have blown Micky’s cover a month ago.

remus

• forum hero
To drag things back on topic, is there a concensus on the grade for Steve Dunning's Super Furry Animals? It was on the list at 8B+, then 8B on eliteukbouldering and 8A+ on UKC.

36chambers

• forum hero
To drag things back on topic, is there a concensus on the grade for Steve Dunning's Super Furry Animals? It was on the list at 8B+, then 8B on eliteukbouldering and 8A+ on UKC.

Has this even been repeated?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I'm not sure it's part of the Lattice cash for grades scam so 8A+ is fine.

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
What’s this refer to?   :shrug:
Sounds interesting  :popcorn:

turnipturned

• forum abuser
8B sit, 8A+ stand, I think.

Probably one of those that is impossible to grade, I think you would have to be quite tall.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones

If you pay Lattice a load of money they'll put you on their "Wannabe to 8B" training programme, guaranteed to get you up that magic grade. It's geared to getting people up Keen Roof. Remus (Lattice number cruncher and keeper of the list) can't downgrade Keen Roof as there'll be a load of people asking for their money back.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Didn’t Smitton do that thing at Dog’s Dinner Buttress? Or is that considered a route?

submaximal gains

• player
Didn’t Smitton do that thing at Dog’s Dinner Buttress? Or is that considered a route?
Pedigree chum at Dog's dinner buttress gets an 8c+ route grade as its so long. Steve McClure's version, which differs by staying low at the end gets 9a+.

remus

• forum hero
8B sit, 8A+ stand, I think.

Probably one of those that is impossible to grade, I think you would have to be quite tall.

Good knowledge, thanks Dan.

Been meaning to add him to the list, will do it shortly. He's done another hard trav at the tor as well hasn't he?

I made the (fairly arbitrary) decision to put travs on the boulder list rather than the route list.

Doylo

• forum hero

If you pay Lattice a load of money they'll put you on their "Wannabe to 8B" training programme, guaranteed to get you up that magic grade. It's geared to getting people up Keen Roof. Remus (Lattice number cruncher and keeper of the list) can't downgrade Keen Roof as there'll be a load of people asking for their money back.

Capitalism at its worst.

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
  • If in doubt, Lock it out (Dynamically)

Don't worry I'm keen to go and try it, they'll have to if i do it, seems the done thing.

Paul B

• forum hero
Been meaning to add him to the list, will do it shortly. He's done another hard trav at the tor as well hasn't he?

Staminaband / PUTP link?

remus

• forum hero

Staminaband / PUTP link?

Ah yeah that's the one, thanks. https://climbing-history.org/climb/152

User deactivated

• stalker
Cool to compile people's hard climbs but list doesn't really make for great reading in my opinion. I know it may be in it's infancy but some of the folk with more listed climbs than people like Ned is farcical, myself included. He has done over 100 8B's!!!! You are never going to compile or know how many of each grade someone has done, especially someone like Ned or Micky. Never mind keep track of the folk who choose to bullshit about ascents.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal