UKBouldering.com

Pooch vs Alex johnson (Read 2231 times)

TheTwig

• stalker
Pooch vs Alex johnson
July 11, 2015, 09:51:01 am
so for those who thought it was a bit wierd for AJ to be saying that Puccio's season-ending knee-destroying injury while warming up during the world cup was due to malnourishment, obviously Puccio thought so too!

https://www.facebook.com/116408721751605/photos/a.800463983346072.1073741826.116408721751605/931230626936073/?type=1&theater

So, I have been getting a lot of messages about training and what a good diet would be.
Both are hard questions to answer because everyone is different. We all need different things for our body and it also comes down to what your willing to do.
I'm a person that LOVES my sweet foods and can NEVER give them up. You can ask anyone that really knows me well and sees me all the time. 😊 And since I'm not really willing to change my diet that much I decided to do more cardio. I was running 4-5 days a week every week for about a year. I would only run 3-4 miles every time and sometimes faster and some slower depending on if it was a recovery run or not.
There were some rumors said about me and my accident over the live feed by a commentator during the Vail World Cup saying that I got injured because I'm "malnourished". I was very upset and hurt by these words because it's not true. That person doesn't really know me and is never around me and didn't see my accident. All of my friends could not believe that was said by this person and we all thought it would be a good thing for me to write something about it to the public.
I even got tested and my BMI was in the middle of the perfect range and my body fat percent was at 14. Yea it was probably lower then a lot of girl climbers but not dangerous. Also my surgeons said the way I landed was a freak accident and just perfect for causing this injury. It could have happened to anyone and that I'm in great shape.
I don't think I have the right to tell anyone how to diet because I'm not a professional nutritionist. I know I don't eat perfect with all the sugar and sweets and deserts I consume just about every day, but I love it and i don't want to give it up! 😊
So this is why I do a good bit of cardio.
The 2 main things I do for my "diet" are I don't eat much dairy or gluten, except In my desserts. Dairy really hurts my stomach and makes me feel sick and I don't digest gluten very well. But cake and other desserts just taste better with those things in so I make a huge exception just about every day for that. 😉
Now training!
I will start writing blogs on my website about my training. And again everyone is different and everyone needs a different training program. I make up my own for my ability at that point and time. And even when I make my own I have to try it out first and make adjustments all the time. It's really important to listen to your body.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Pooch vs Alex johnson
July 11, 2015, 06:35:44 pm

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#2 Re: Pooch vs Alex johnson
July 11, 2015, 06:52:18 pm
 :furious:

TheTwig

• stalker
#3 Re: Pooch vs Alex johnson
July 12, 2015, 02:14:10 am
Slack that is one of the best images I've ever seen, cheers  :lol:

Pako

• addict
#4 Re: Pooch vs Alex johnson
July 12, 2015, 11:02:48 am
I hope the popcorn I bought preemptively won't be wasted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal