UKBouldering.com

Powerplant (Read 8851 times)

cha1n

• forum hero
#25 Re: Powerplant
July 10, 2015, 10:20:32 pm
Unfortunately I think the non-kneebar way is to just put your foot onto the same foot as for the kneebar and do a powerful move straight up into the undercut with the rh.

I listed a sequence earlier in the thread where a guy went up the left hand side of the bulge.

I'm not good at kneebars and I can manage the crux fairly consistently with the kneebar now. It's definitely got easier with trying after almost denying its worth initially.

cha1n

• forum hero
#26 Re: Powerplant
July 10, 2015, 10:23:33 pm
The crazy thing about this route is that I've not seen two people do the crux on it the same way (and I'm no exception), so you really have to find your own way through it. I think it's the bit above the crux I'd be most likely to drop on RP.

DaveyDave

• addict
#27 Re: Powerplant
July 11, 2015, 01:09:44 pm
Thought as much. Can get into the undercut ok without a kneebar, but then I've got nowhere to put my left foot for the move to the intermediate sidepull unfortunately! Might have another play when my knee's fixed up

cha1n

• forum hero
#28 Re: Powerplant
July 11, 2015, 08:09:51 pm
Yeh definitely worth persevering. If you can get the method that Alister described earlier in thread to work for you then you're in. I watched three people do it that way today and it makes that section look piss easy. I can't do it that way though *sobs*.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal